• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke Officially transferring

It just sucks to constantly keep losing key players. Why? WHY? I think that question needs to be answered. I just don’t understand it.
I'm very worried about some of the stuff that will come out. Former players kept quiet when JD left, but once Wan'Dale took off the flood gates opened. Luke who was deemed "the future" (even though Frost didn't necessarily mean at QB) is now gone.

I'm hoping Luke and Will take the high road, but you know the new teams will have someone writing an article on them coming there and why they left.

Not a good loss. Opposing defenses had to plan for him to come in and he absolutely provided a weapon and realiable option, if game planning was done well for his skills.

That said,

Time for a huge, huge deep breath from the staff. It's All Frost culture, now, with these three transfers. Get excited. Get moving forward. That whole offense is now new and AM is the cornerstone, like it or not.

I'm going to hold off making a judgement on the transfers until the end of next season. I want to believe the reason so many offensive players are leaving is because Frost is turning up the heat on expectations. He knows the kind of commitment, and attitude it takes to compete on a championship level, and he may be demanding more of it. If I see a team that plays as a unit next year with a lot fewer boneheaded mistakes, I will be encouraged, If I see the same crap we have seen for the last 3 years, then I think some re-evaluation is necessary. I don't even care about win loss record at this point, just play as a team, eliminate the crap, and look respectable on special teams.

I'm very worried about some of the stuff that will come out. Former players kept quiet when JD left, but once Wan'Dale took off the flood gates opened. Luke who was deemed "the future" (even though Frost didn't necessarily mean at QB) is now gone.

I'm hoping Luke and Will take the high road, but you know the new teams will have someone writing an article on them coming there and why they left.
I’m done worrying. Just get it out. Maybe it’s time to move on from this project. You just can’t keep going this route. 5 million per for this?? Damn man, I was so incredibly wrong and I apologize. This looks like a total crap show.

Most wont agree with this. I think we are better off leaving those NFL players sons alone. They come off as entitled to me. When their family members have so much success and they grow up so rich they usually dont have that dog in them. I want fighters on our team.
Stop. Just because a guy transfers doesn't mean he's not a "fighter". Spielman got pounded on and kept getting up. Same with Robinson. And I didn't ever see or hear anything about Mccaffrey not being willing to work.

You have to be completely delusional not to be alarmed at the rate at which offensive players leave this program. Spielman flushed his career down the toilet to get away from Lincoln....where he was a star. Regardless, taken individually, no one transfer is that big of a deal. But look at what's happening here. The defense is unified and all coming back (and I believe they wanted to play a bowl game). The offense is a mad dash for the exits (and were the ones that didn't want to play). If you think all is well you are dreaming.
So your first example is a guy almost everyone said was an odd dude, who wasn't the most beloved teammate, and went to a new school and was nearly a zero factor? The fact he was a 'star' might be a pretty clear indication we needed some bigger 'stars', don't you think? I think much of what we are seeing is what happens when you hoped a square peg would work in the round hole. I also think we actually missed on some of our evaluations into the skills of some of the guys. It happens. It's a process. I'm not thinking all is well, but I don't feel the panic you obviously do.

So your first example is a guy almost everyone said was an odd dude, who wasn't the most beloved teammate, and went to a new school and was nearly a zero factor? The fact he was a 'star' might be a pretty clear indication we needed some bigger 'stars', don't you think? I think much of what we are seeing is what happens when you hoped a square peg would work in the round hole. I also think we actually missed on some of our evaluations into the skills of some of the guys. It happens. It's a process. I'm not thinking all is well, but I don't feel the panic you obviously do.
Odd or not....he was one of the best receivers in this school's history. While that may not be saying much he was productive...against Big 10 teams. So he was no slouch. We win more with him than without him. And, again, take each player on his own and transfers aren't a big deal really. What we are seeing NOW with one side of the ball should cause concern.

I’ve said it in other threads but QB projects that don’t want to be at Nebraska should move on for their sake and ours. He needed a ton of work and time and straight up luck to get where we needed him to be. Good luck to him and I hope his NFL dreams get fulfilled.

The real dumpster fire is if we can’t or refuse to use the transfer portal to replace him.

Get. A. Transfer. QB.

I’ve been saying that since before there were any rumors of Luke leaving.

I'm going to hold off making a judgement on the transfers until the end of next season. I want to believe the reason so many offensive players are leaving is because Frost is turning up the heat on expectations.

So with nobody leaving on defense...and guys coming back who could have called it a career...should we assume that Chin has NOT "turned up the heat on expectations" for defensive players? That is such a tired and lame explanation for guys leaving...retire it.

I'm going to hold off making a judgement on the transfers until the end of next season. I want to believe the reason so many offensive players are leaving is because Frost is turning up the heat on expectations. He knows the kind of commitment, and attitude it takes to compete on a championship level, and he may be demanding more of it. If I see a team that plays as a unit next year with a lot fewer boneheaded mistakes, I will be encouraged, If I see the same crap we have seen for the last 3 years, then I think some re-evaluation is necessary. I don't even care about win loss record at this point, just play as a team, eliminate the crap, and look respectable on special teams.
Agree with a lot of your statements. However I'm one of those fans believe 100% our record will show exactly where the program is at the end of next season. Nebraska needs to have at least .500 record and bowl bid if I'm going to be convinced we are heading in the right direction under HCSF.

It just sucks to constantly keep losing key players. Why? WHY? I think that question needs to be answered. I just don’t understand it.

If it makes you feel better Luke probably never should have been in a position to be a key player for us until 2022 so really now this is an opportunity to get a player from the transfer portal that is in a much better position to be that guy for us in 2021.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back