• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Farniok in transfer portal?

@ShortSideOption - Thanks for your insight in this thread. Looks like the Jurgens decision, coupled with the snapping issues, had perhaps more profound impacts in the locker room than we might have known. Especially when our only insight into the program is seeing a guy in line for a hotdog 3 years ago!
I am now wondering if the movement with Trent Hixson might be the last piece of negative drama in that OL room? Maybe I am making that up and don't want to start any rumors.
Ya, the frustration of a coaching decision made for some bad lockerroom tension in 2019 and 2020. Add to the fact who they chose continually put us in rough spots with snapping and it just added gasoline to their "told ya."

We will be better off just curious who takes the backup center spot next year.

Ya, the frustration of a coaching decision made for some bad lockerroom tension in 2019 and 2020. Add to the fact who they chose continually put us in rough spots with snapping and it just added gasoline to their "told ya."

Add to that a split locker room about the quarterback position, unsettled rotation at WR, and lack of carries at the RB position...and we are where we are?

Does that pretty well sum it up?

Settle your WR rotation.
Hand the ball off to RB.

And things look/feel better

Add to that a split locker room about the quarterback position, unsettled rotation at WR, and lack of carries at the RB position...and we are where we are?

Does that pretty well sum it up?

Settle your WR rotation.
Hand the ball off to RB.

And things look/feel better
I do think it's interesting that we settled on not the captain WR for who we focused on in the WR room when Frost decided we needed to trim down the rotation. I'm not saying that's wrong, I think Betts and Brown have a way higher ceiling, just find it interesting you went away from your captain year 3.

He was not happy, nor was his brother. Which is why I think leadership may be a little bit better for 2021. Is what it is.
Ok ***, if they aren’t happy, then I suppose it might be wise to find out why? I mean, you can’t kiss a players ass just because, but why are these guys not happy? It’s supposed to be a fun filled offense that lights up the scoreboard but it’s been anything but.

Ok ***, if they aren’t happy, then I suppose it might be wise to find out why? I mean, you can’t kiss a players ass just because, but why are these guys not happy? It’s supposed to be a fun filled offense that lights up the scoreboard but it’s been anything but.
I guess i'm not saying we should just brush off their unhappiness. It's not like Riley culture caused it. But Matt went to the NFL and Will probably wasn't going to play. I do think if Will is your center in front of Cam you do a little better in 2019 out of the gate, but Cam is the better center now.

I guess i'm not saying we should just brush off their unhappiness. It's not like Riley culture caused it. But Matt went to the NFL and Will probably wasn't going to play. I do think if Will is your center in front of Cam you do a little better in 2019 out of the gate, but Cam is the better center now.
So basically, it was a recruiting miss, to sum it up nicely?

I remember walking through East Stadium during a game and noticing a guy in line for concessions. Looked familiar and I realized it was Will Farniok on a recruiting visit during his senior year of high school. I remember being very surprised because the recruiting websites listed him at 6'4 or 6'5 and he was shorter than I was. Looked well under 250, to me.

I don't know why I am bringing this story up, except that it was my only insight/interaction with a player who is now transferring and shocked me that he wasn't bigger.

Obviously frustrating for him, to just see the center position get handed to someone else. Had to be very frustrating for his brother, as well, to get moved to center when Jurgens was hurt, too.

Family frustrations, no doubt.

@ShortSideOption - Thanks for your insight in this thread. Looks like the Jurgens decision, coupled with the snapping issues, had perhaps more profound impacts in the locker room than we might have known. Especially when our only insight into the program is seeing a guy in line for a hotdog 3 years ago!
I am now wondering if the movement with Trent Hixson might be the last piece of negative drama in that OL room? Maybe I am making that up and don't want to start any rumors.
What’s going on with Hixson?

What’s going on with Hixson?
Nothing at all. I have no inside information and absolutely nothing to start any rumor on.

He had some positive publicity in the radio shows. Fell down the depth chart a bit. Sounded like he was popular and I just wondered if people questioned if he deserved more.

I have no basis for starting any rumor, I was just curious if a similar situation was playing out as when Will Farniok didn't get the playing time he wanted. I saw similarities in the situation, but no smoke in reality and hopefully it only looks similar to me from the outside and didn't create any kind of locker room schism on the inside like W. Farniok losing the center role.

Isaac Zatetchka? :Stirthepot:

Actually, after listening to what Frost just said from the tone of it, I'm pretty sure he probably knew about these departures, but was still try to save LM. I think right now AM is our best option and now you could certainly bring in a transfer portal QB and probably not upset the room, depending on how Smothers and Haarberg so this spring. It's still possible that AM could come back healthy and have a great season and then co0me back for a 5th year? If he does well then wouldn't we want him back?

Trying to give an optimistic possibility.

Nothing at all. I have no inside information and absolutely nothing to start any rumor on.

He had some positive publicity in the radio shows. Fell down the depth chart a bit. Sounded like he was popular and I just wondered if people questioned if he deserved more.

I have no basis for starting any rumor, I was just curious if a similar situation was playing out as when Will Farniok didn't get the playing time he wanted. I saw similarities in the situation, but no smoke in reality and hopefully it only looks similar to me from the outside and didn't create any kind of locker room schism on the inside like W. Farniok losing the center role.
Well with Farniok going to the NFL a guard spot is open. Thought I also recall Hixson working some at Center so maybe he can be a bit of a utility player. Some of these kids entering the portal may be out of luck. Maybe young Farniok gets a shot at somewhere like South Dakota or maybe he doesn’t. Doubt if he gets a shot at FCS level. Hixson earned a schollie and now has an opportunity to re-win a starting gig. Hope he sticks around.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back