• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke Officially transferring

I'm kind of being sarcastic, kind of not:

If the two deep from this past season voted on two items: Play in a bowl game or play again for HCSF.....what vote would have the higher approval rating? I think it would be close

I suppose we could take a positive outlook and think this means LM thinks Logan Smothers would likely surpass him on the roster at QB next year. :Lol:
Most likely true. We played Luke at QB and RB and neither were good fits IMO.

Sadly, it is the nature of the beast in college football. Transfer portal is everything that is wrong with our society. No one wants to wait their turn, or put in the work to win the job. Frustrating.
Back in my day, there was another word for it. That word is verboten now.

LM probably isn't the answer at QB and WanDale isn't bigger than the program. But these are not just his guys. These are the guys Frost himself would point to as the kind of competitors you must have to build the culture on the field and in the locker room.

At some point, Frost has to give his best athletes/competitors a reason to stay. WanDale had 2 TDs in 2020, both against Rutgers. Bailing was the easiest decision of his career.

Last edited:

Actually, he's one of the few who is looking at this logically, and I think maybe some of the Pessimistic Posse needs to just shut it down for a week or two and maybe that venting won't seem such a great idea or that critical.
You have to be completely delusional not to be alarmed at the rate at which offensive players leave this program. Spielman flushed his career down the toilet to get away from Lincoln....where he was a star. Regardless, taken individually, no one transfer is that big of a deal. But look at what's happening here. The defense is unified and all coming back (and I believe they wanted to play a bowl game). The offense is a mad dash for the exits (and were the ones that didn't want to play). If you think all is well you are dreaming.

Last edited:
The bigger question is going to be whether or not quarterbacks are developing and trending upwards. We obviously know the answer with 2 AM. LM Got his chance to have some reps and he did not look like a confident or competent quarterback. That little cigar smoking weirdo should be on the list of assistants that need to have their group perform. Your quirky schtick only looks quirky when you’ve got guys performing.

Kade Warner is a great person. Not a loss as far as the WR room is concerned. Farniok I’m assuming wants to go start somewhere. Nothing wrong with that. I think we just have to realize that in the current climate of college football transferring is going to be a absolute part of the system going forward. Unfortunately we can’t tell you that you’re gonna come sit on the bench here and then go to the NFL after playing a year like the Alabama’s and Ohio State’s.

Time to use his scholarship on a "real" quarterback. It's water under the bridge now.

I love Nebraska with all my heart and soul but think we as fans should be better. Until we stop the coach carousel and anoint players as the next greatest thing since Tommie Frazier before the have played a down of football here we cannot build a program. I get Frustrated with these departures and Frosts decision making sometimes but know the last thing we need is another firing to set us back again. There is no magic switch to replenish talent and heal the scars of the last 20+ years.

So you think this is on the FANS? Maybe we should all transfer out and watch the wins start rolling in.

His dad commented about the same time in a different interview. Google if you need more. I don't make stuff up.
There’s a difference between saying I’ll play any position I can to get on the field while you wait your turn to be a starting quarterback and permanently changing positions.

You have to be completely delusional not to be alarmed at the rate at which offensive players leave this program. Spielman flushed his career down the toilet to get away from Lincoln....where he was a star. Regardless, taken individually, no one transfer is that big of a deal. But look at what's happening here. The defense is unified and all coming back (and I believe they wanted to play a bowl game). The offense is a mad dash for the exits. If you think all is well you are dreaming.
Few were more upset with the decision not to take a bowl game. However what I didn't know was when Frost mentioned they couldn't get a unanimous vote to play. Sounds to me like a single player could have deep 6'd the entire bowl situation. If that's true Frost was foolish imo to give a single player veto power to play or not. Should have said we're playing and those that don't want can opt out which is how several coaches approached playing. On that team I'm sure it was more then one player but nevertheless we don't know if most of team wanted to play. Players that had already decided to transfer saw no value in doing what was necessary to get ready for another game... hence voted NO!

Most wont agree with this. I think we are better off leaving those NFL players sons alone. They come off as entitled to me. When their family members have so much success and they grow up so rich they usually dont have that dog in them. I want fighters on our team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back