• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffery Transferring

Maybe Martinez is just banged up alot and injury prone. Wasn't it made public his sophomore season he was injuried quite alot. People like to forget that but I guess a player getting injuries is the coaches fault to some.
Good point. I think its easy to overlook the injuries because Scott is tight lipped concerning injuries.

He is in the transfer portal.

When I initially heard he might be gone I was ticked....but subsequent "he's a QB....he wants to be a QB" talk leaves me pretty "meh" on that one. He's not a QB and his being gone maybe saves Frost from himself.

The REAL problem is the mass exodus on the offensive side of the ball and what that means...while the defense is all "HELL YEAH! We're coming back!" Something is rotten on that side.

Last edited:
When I initially heard he might be gone I was ticked....but subsequent "he's a QB....he wants to be a QB" talk leaves me pretty "meh" on that one. He's not a QB and his being gone maybe saves Frost from himself.

The REAL problem is the mass exodus on the offensive side of the ball and what that means...while the defense is all "HELL YEAH! We're coming back!" Something is rotten on that side.

Agree. I'm not too upset losing him at QB, other than depth. But I wish we could keep him and move him to slot, he'd be killer there. But yes, the mass exodus is extremely concerning.

Is it a fact he's in the portal?

Agree. I'm not too upset losing him at QB, other than depth. But I wish we could keep him and move him to slot, he'd be killer there. But yes, the mass exodus is extremely concerning.

Is it a fact he's in the portal?

He really could have been a guy that was really helpful with 8ish touches a game in a variety of ways. If he thinks his future is at QB he is delusional. More concerning is Frost's delusion in thinking he was a QB.

Baring a miracle the Frost era is going to end poorly.

He really could have been a guy that was really helpful with 8ish touches a game in a variety of ways. If he thinks his future is at QB he is delusional. More concerning is Frost's delusion in thinking he was a QB.

Baring a miracle the Frost era is going to end poorly.

Down to hoping one of three things. 1) It clicks for AM or 2) Smothers or Haarberg are all that or 3) Find a good portal QB

Sharp talking about it, sounds legit. Also sounds like Warner is gone

Last edited:
Down to hoping one of three things. 1) It clicks for AM or 2) Smothers or Haarberg are all that or 3) Find a good portal QB

Sharp talking about it, sounds legit. Also sounds like Warner is gone
Warner is no loss....except, again, the mass exodus on the offensive side of the ball should be telling us something. Best receiver leaves (Speilman). Best receiver leaves again (Robinson). Possibly best athlete leaves (McCaffrey). What used to be at least a solid receiver leaves (Warner)...he sucks but he USED to be a decent security blanket guy. A WR with solid potential leaves (Fleming). And that may not be the end of it.

Meanwhile we cannot get ANY wide receivers or running backs coached up well enough to play in games? Really? Not ANY? Just a bunch of slow-ass walk-ons and transfers? There is little reason for hope on that side of the ball...and unfortunately you can't just replace the coordinator....Frost is the problem.

Warner is no loss....except, again, the mass exodus on the offensive side of the ball should be telling us something. Best receiver leaves (Speilman). Best receiver leaves again (Robinson). Possibly best athlete leaves (McCaffrey). What used to be at least a solid receiver leaves (Warner)...he sucks but he USED to be a decent security blanket guy. A WR with solid potential leaves (Fleming). And that may not be the end of it.

Meanwhile we cannot get ANY wide receivers or running backs coached up well enough to play in games? Really? Not ANY? Just a bunch of slow-ass walk-ons and transfers? There is little reason for hope on that side of the ball...and unfortunately you can't just replace the coordinator....Frost is the problem.

Not much to disagree with there. Frost seeing the writing on the wall with play calling I think. Won't be surprised to see him relinquish it for the most part next year, he's comfortable with Lubick an so maybe this is a move in the right direction. Sure hope we can get Manning, Betts, and Brown going next year. Gonna need it.

Per bolded, I agree with you.....but, in Frost's defense, he recruited him as a QB when others wanted him as a WR/RB, and I am sure LM told him he wanted to be a QB only and Scott stuck to his word and said you will be a QB. But, your bolded above is spot on!!

Not much to disagree with there. Frost seeing the writing on the wall with play calling I think. Won't be surprised to see him relinquish it for the most part next year, he's comfortable with Lubick an so maybe this is a move in the right direction. Sure hope we can get Manning, Betts, and Brown going next year. Gonna need it.
I'm afraid the exodus is about more than play calling. Zero information here so take it for what it's worth. Something's rotten.

What purpose does Frost serve if he's not calling plays?

I'm afraid the exodus is about more than play calling. Zero information here so take it for what it's worth. Something's rotten.

Yeah, who knows. Offense stinks, so kids not having fun. That can all come down to play calling and game management. Im grasping at straws though.

Unless we hit the transfer portal our back quarterback will have ZERO college football snaps. Not good.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back