• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffery Transferring

I’m in wait and see mode on Smothers. He’s a freshman who didn’t get spring ball. There are rumors about his arm but his high school film doesn’t show a weak arm at all. We will hopefully get the opportunity to actually see him throw this spring so we’ll know a lot more soon.

I was surprised after watching his high school film that he made it out of the SEC.

Frost keeps talking about how excited they are to have him back in the papers. I guess it ain’t over til he actually transfers.
If he isn't taking part in any team activities why has he not been told to go pound sand? If you are undecided at least remain part of the team. If you chose to go it alone, see ya. If there isn't anything more to it this doesn't speak well to Scott's leadership. If I'm a Husker and I hear LM still getting praised by SF in the media, I'm a bit put off to say it mildly.

Last edited:

I think there’s a lot at play so won’t just sit here and blame it all on that. But as I’ve said before, I would love to be a fly on the wall when Luke tells Christian what we do. It’s the complete opposite of how he trains.
It's a shame!! We all know this has been a problem for a long time. It is so evident with what we see on the field!

It's a shame!! We all know this has been a problem for a long time. It is so evident with what we see on the field!
I hear this a lot and I don’t know what goes on inside the S&C program other than what I hear on HM and from a few other people. But people keep saying we see it on the field. I’m thinking about the 2020 2-deep and the only person I can think of who has struggled with their physical development was Martinez in 2019 but not 2020. McCaffrey put on good weight and stayed fast and athletic. The O line is developing. Farniok had limitations but he came with those. He’s not as athletic as the recent recruits. The D line was full of young guys who looked fantastic physically and played really well for their age. Even Daniels is transforming his body. Our DBs looks great. And obviously we have freakishly athletic guys like JoJo and Luke Reimer who would be Exhibit A against this claim about our S&C program. I don’t doubt what you guys are saying about our methods being so different from the rest of the country, but can you point to the evidence on the field for me? Who is it that you’re referring to?

I hear this a lot and I don’t know what goes on inside the S&C program other than what I hear on HM and from a few other people. But people keep saying we see it on the field. I’m thinking about the 2020 2-deep and the only person I can think of who has struggled with their physical development was Martinez in 2019 but not 2020. McCaffrey put on good weight and stayed fast and athletic. The O line is developing. Farniok had limitations but he came with those. He’s not as athletic as the recent recruits. The D line was full of young guys who looked fantastic physically and played really well for their age. Even Daniels is transforming his body. Our DBs looks great. And obviously we have freakishly athletic guys like JoJo and Luke Reimer who would be Exhibit A against this claim about our S&C program. I don’t doubt what you guys are saying about our methods being so different from the rest of the country, but can you point to the evidence on the field for me? Who is it that you’re referring to?

I'm sure we can find examples of guys that haven't benefited from the S&C program. But whenever the criticism starts, names like Ty Robinson and Casey Rogers aren't brought up. Those guys have put on good weight and it absolutely showed this past year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back