• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Snow

How hard is it to be a weatherman in Texas? There are 2 forecasts, it's either "today is gonna be a warm one" or "today is gonna be a scorcher"

:Lol:

I wish it was that easy!

Texas is still part of the Plains states, so there are some big changes in the weather here. And its such a massive state, you can occasionally have 50-60 degree differences between the Panhandle and Rio Grande Valley. The Texas Panhandle behaves more like Western Nebraska. Not the case in Austin, where I am, however. That said, we did get accumulating snow earlier this month (not at my place, as I live in the downtown area, which tends to be slightly warmer than away from downtown). It was only the second accumulating snow in the 9 winters I've lived here -- though it almost never sticks on the ground even 24 hours before it's melted. Most of Austin's winter days are in the 60s or 70s, however -- which is perfect.

How much snow is Omaha expecting?

6-8 inches on the low end, 12-16 on the high end, depending where that heavy band sets up. It won't be far from Omaha, if it's not on top of it. It's going to be one of the bigger snow storms in recent decades.

EDIT: This snow event does have a chance to reach the top 10 all-time.

Last edited:
So far not bad in Lincoln. Roads are good and easy to get around. Light snow so far. Business as usual. For tough Nebraskans, at least.

So far not bad in Lincoln. Roads are good and easy to get around. Light snow so far. Business as usual. For tough Nebraskans, at least.

Heaviest snow will likely be this afternoon into early-evening in Lincoln. In other words, worst is yet to come -- and the evening commute will be more of a challenge than the morning commute.

So apparently your wife doesn't driver over it repeatedly to pack down real, real good before you get home from work to blow it off?
Working from home. We have an old truck for hauling/rental stuff, so I pulled it into her spot after she left. That way there will be minimal removal needed for her spot.

Edit: When she has the opportunity, she definitely does.

Last edited:
We haven't gotten anything, yet. However, the school district was scared of what could be heading our way and called off school for tomorrow at 6:00 pm tonight. I will be surprised if we get much. Even remote learning was called off.
Yup schools all around here closed, all we've had so far is rain:Banghead::Banghead:

I hear ya. Lil' All 'N' had a game cancelled because of what might come. We are getting ready to go run and then play some basketball on our own.
I was so looking forward to a decent accumulation, no wonder it didn't snow. Just wanted to call coyotes at night, using the moon for light.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back