• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No changes to the coaching staff

'LM has been in the program for 2 years. I don't get to see practices, just games. One TD and 6 int's tells me that LM is not being developed as a QB.

He played the position for one year in high school. One.

He likely shouldn't have seen the field in that role until next year at the earliest. That wasn't a 'Cigar man' deal, that was a head coach decision to put him in.

Didn't bash Haarberg, just saying that a 3 star local kid who is a known development project should not be the class QB. Also didn't say 5 star exclusively. NU should be able to pull a 4 star at that position every year. I think MV and SF would agree since they offered five 4 stars and one 5 star with Demtrius Davis as their top QB target. Maybe 2021 is the outlier and not an indication of things to come.

I don't care about other blue blood programs and whether they have it easier to recruit or do nothing with said recruits.

Maybe Haarberg is the next Josh Allen though. I sure hope so.

C
Why is it guys think that a 4* is always going to want to come to a team that theoretically will have 3 or more 4* players in front of them? Isn't the philosophy that 4* players are either able to contribute immediately or in their second year? I'm pretty sure I just saw a rather well respected poster calling out our staff for not having Luke in a position to contribute as a second year player, so are we expecting our staff to be able to recruit and keep at least one 4* QB a year?

Seems pretty much a pipe dream, but that's just an opinion.

I'll admit, I wanted to see what he could do after the packages they had for him against tOSU.

We saw. He's got work to do. Great athlete.
I agree, he's got some work to do. The good thing about Luke is he doesn't seem opposed to work. I said it before, I really don't think he has to become a great passer. His athletic ability will create opportunities to punish defenses if they don't respect his legs, and if they overcompensate for that athletic ability, it will open up more chance to make easier throws he should be able to develop the skills to make.

I agree, he's got some work to do. The good thing about Luke is he doesn't seem opposed to work. I said it before, I really don't think he has to become a great passer. His athletic ability will create opportunities to punish defenses if they don't respect his legs, and if they overcompensate for that athletic ability, it will open up more chance to make easier throws he should be able to develop the skills to make.

He can win in this offense without being a Heisman or #1 draft pick kind of passer. 100%. Can't miss wide open guys and that goes for anyone funders center.

He can win in this offense without being a Heisman or #1 draft pick kind of passer. 100%. Can't miss wide open guys and that goes for anyone funders center.
My other concern is we are potentially looking to work the middle of the field a little more with the TEs, and possibly our bigger WRs, so missing a throw could be a turnover in a crowded space.

My other concern is we are potentially looking to work the middle of the field a little more with the TEs, and possibly our bigger WRs, so missing a throw could be a turnover in a crowded space.

Yep.

He seems prone to overthrow to this point in his young career. That's not unusual for a QB throwing a lot on the move, but they'll need to work on it.

Yep.

He seems prone to overthrow to this point in his young career. That's not unusual for a QB throwing a lot on the move, but they'll need to work on it.
Some of that could just be adrenaline. The kid seems to be full of juice from the moment he comes out of the tunnel.

Every player that was on our roster last year is a year older, a year longer learning the system, and hopefully a little more physically developed. The new guys are coming in with multiple years of playing college football, and both had some success as key contributors. That would seem to suggest we are equal to, or possibly be even more experienced in some ways.

Absolutely agree, go win some dang games.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back