• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No changes to the coaching staff

This is concerning. I did not expect wholesale change but whoa, all is not well.

I really hate to say it but my gut tells me we are in store for another losing season in 2021 :(

Last edited:
This is concerning. I did not expect wholesale change but whoa, all is not well.

I really hate to say it but my gut tells me we are in store for another losing season in 2021 :(
I respect both of your opinions and generally enjoy your comments. I even usually agree. If this young offensive line can develop I think we will be ok. Along with a better defense. I see reason for hope! I do agree that we need the Quarterback to be more consistent.

I knew he wouldn't make any changes but a few things concerned me in the article. He's going to take a personal role working with Martinez. I guess the other quarterbacks don't matter and if he is going to work more directly with all the QBs then why is Verduzco still taking up a coaching spot that could be used for a special teams coach who could maybe help in other areas as well.

"Contract extensions are forthcoming for men he’s seen do a “great job” in recruiting and developing players during their time together in Lincoln and — in many cases — at UCF in 2016 and 2017." Chinander and Fisher have been fantastic but Hield, Austin, and Lubick leave a lot to be desired. Colleges just hand out extensions like its Monopoly money.

The passage about McCaffrey just blew me away. I mean all the fans can see for their own eyes that he is not even remotely close to being an FBS QB unless Frost is planning on switching to an option running attack where he throws the ball less than 10 times a game and the QB runs like Crouch did.

I hope next year is great and Frost gets this turned around but his statements and actions just make me think his hubris knows no bounds.

Last edited:

Part of me wonders if he meant there are no changes to the full-time staff. But there will be someone manning Special Teams as part of their duties. I haven't read the article yet, but that's what i'm hoping. We can't just do the same thing again.

Is this an article where you have to pay? Wasn't able to see anything past the title. It had to make mention of how special teams are going to be coached? Splitting play calling between him and Lubick? I am having a flashback to the episode of "The Office" where there are two regional managers. So is one doing big picture and the other day to day operations? This is just a little disconcerting.

Is this an article where you have to pay? Wasn't able to see anything past the title. It had to make mention of how special teams are going to be coached? Splitting play calling between him and Lubick? I am having a flashback to the episode of "The Office" where there are two regional managers. So is one doing big picture and the other day to day operations? This is just a little disconcerting.
I subscribe so do not know.

"In an hour-long conversation Friday with The World-Herald, NU coach Scott Frost said he is “absolutely” planning to continue with his same 10 on-field assistant coaches. Contract extensions are forthcoming for men he’s seen do a “great job” in recruiting and developing players during their time together in Lincoln"
The proof is in the pudding as they say.

I am encouraged that Frost is relinquishing some of the play calling to Lubick.

I'm really not. His supposed offensive genius is the reason he's paid 5 mil. He's paid so well partly to call the plays. If he's not doing that and he's also not doing particularly well at the other aspects of managing the team then why is he here?

The whole thing smacks of desperation and it feels really misplaced. He's going to take time off calling plays to micromanage the development Adrian Martinez? Why is AM so special? Why do we have a quarterbacks coach or that particular quarterbacks coach if this needs to be done? My mind is just totally blown when I hear about this stuff.

Last edited:

I'm really not. His supposed offensive genius is the reason he's paid 5 mil. He's paid so well partly to call the plays. If he's not doing that and he's also not doing particularly well at the other aspects of managing the team then why is he here?

The whole thing smacks of desperation and it feels really misplaced. He's going to take time off calling plays to micromanage the development Adrian Martinez? Why is AM so special? Why do we have a quarterbacks coach or that particular quarterbacks coach if this needs to be done? My mind is just totally blown when I hear about this stuff.
Living here in the south I saw this happen repeatedly with Auburn. Malzhan was always the play caller but when they would lose a few games the fans would howl and Gus would hand off to the OC-I think Lashley at the time. When Lashley would stall out it would go back to Gus and around and around they went.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back