• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker WBB Sign Top 25 Recruiting Class for 2021

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member

Congratulations to Coach Amy Williams

Nebraska's impressive group includes two players ranked among the top 100 in the ESPN individual rankings, led by the versatile Kendall Coley (No. 49) and Nebraska high school standout Allison Weidner (No. 80) at the national level. Lincoln native Alexis Markowski, who will contend with Weidner for Nebraska's state high school player-of-the-year award in 2021, Illinois prep star Kendall Moriarity and Tatiana Popa fortify a strong five-player class. Four members of the Husker class have been ranked among the top 100 in the country by at least one ranking service, and all five have been mentioned among the top 275.

:Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap: Thanks @Bean . :Salute:

Here is something I found elsewhere :Redface: that expresses my thoughts on the status of the WBB program better than I could.

Who knew we were considered to have the 21st rated incoming class :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:(or did I just dream that :Lol:). At last some information is beginning to filter down/through the percolater that is the WBB program. Combined with the upcoming schedule release (hopefully by the end of the week), I am getting excited for the WBB season to start (as long as it may last with possible cancellations and all from Covid etc).

It will be interesting to see who of the incoming transfers will be eligible to play this year. With the incoming class and transfers, we could be a Dark Horse in the conference this year! :Cheer2:

"Coach has moved up to a tougher conference, coming to NU. She and staff are learning what it takes to compete at this level. Sure looks like they've stepped up their game with the last few recruiting classes. The next few years should see an up tic for sure.

Just my opinion, but think we had an attitude problem last year that soured the chemistry. Now that's gone from the team.... we're not on that same path, and that's good. Really want to see the new team play. The new players. See how the chemistry has changed...pretty sure it has....for the good. Wish we had more preseason games to get our act together.

In general the B1G isn't overly strong in the ratings. Maybe that's a good thing for us. We can get acclimated and develop and work our way into being competitive and not get crushed by other B1G teams. Up hill battle though...but we've a got a talented new team to get it done. And real nice classes coming in the future.

Always optimistic. Like our team. Just wish we could get on the floor soon, and get this thing going. : )"

Last edited:
:Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap: Thanks @Bean . :Salute:

Here is something I found elsewhere :Redface: that expresses my thoughts on the status of the WBB program better than I could.

Who knew we were considered to have the 21st rated incoming class :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:(or did I just dream that :Lol:). At last some information is beginning to filter down/through the percolater that is the WBB program. Combined with the upcoming schedule release (hopefully by the end of the week), I am getting excited for the WBB season to start (as long as it may last with possible cancellations and all from Covid etc).

It will be interesting to see who of the incoming transfers will be eligible to play this year. With the incoming class and transfers, we could be a Dark Horse in the conference this year! :Cheer2:

"Coach has moved up to a tougher conference, coming to NU. She and staff are learning what it takes to compete at this level. Sure looks like they've stepped up their game with the last few recruiting classes. The next few years should see an up tic for sure.

Just my opinion, but think we had an attitude problem last year that soured the chemistry. Now that's gone from the team.... we're not on that same path, and that's good. Really want to see the new team play. The new players. See how the chemistry has changed...pretty sure it has....for the good. Wish we had more preseason games to get our act together.

In general the B1G isn't overly strong in the ratings. Maybe that's a good thing for us. We can get acclimated and develop and work our way into being competitive and not get crushed by other B1G teams. Up hill battle though...but we've a got a talented new team to get it done. And real nice classes coming in the future.

Always optimistic. Like our team. Just wish we could get on the floor soon, and get this thing going. : )"
As I argued on another board, where people want coach fired. If you fire her with a top 25 rated class coming how many of those players do you lose? And then we are in the cycle like the football & mens basketball teams have been in. It not good to fire her IMO.

What a Difference a Month Makes! :nod:

Huskers WBB Now Getting Votes. ;)

Five Big Ten programs are appearing in this week’s Associated Press and Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA)/USA Today Top 25 polls, with three others receiving votes in one or both polls (including Nebraska which makes its season debut in both polls). The Big Ten’s five Top 25 programs are second among all conferences.

Last edited:
As I argued on another board, where people want coach fired. If you fire her with a top 25 rated class coming how many of those players do you lose? And then we are in the cycle like the football & mens basketball teams have been in. It not good to fire her IMO.

She's not in much danger of getting fired. The administration loves her and desperately wants her to succeed. Her timing is perfect with the distractions elsewhere, Covid, budget problems, etc. She'll get every possible chance imaginable.

People having concerns with where the program is in her 5th year is understandable. She may be growing into the job, if recruiting picks up and pans out, wonderful. It will be worth the early setbacks if she is the right coach in the long run.

While people have expressed concerns, I haven't seen or heard anyone directly state she should be fired. On this board or the other one. While opinions have been expressed questioning whether she can get it done (not unreasonable given the past 3 years), the discussion has remained pretty civil given that they are on message boards. Some of Amy's defenders need to get thicker skin.

We seem to be gelling as a team at just the right time. Now if we can get some players healthy enough to play and reinforcements the rest of the schedule does not seem to be as formidable.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back