• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Isaac Zatechka gets PWO offer at NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, some of you guys are so hell bent on carrying Frost's balls that any legitimate discussion is pointless. There's reason for skepticism and critique. You don't want an actual discussion though. You want someone to assuage your fears and tell you everything is fine despite what your eyes see for themselves. I'll make jokes from time to time because:
A) That's who I am.
B) It beats feeling negative about the state of my favorite sports team all the time.
I get the concerns about the program. I’ve expressed many. My point was and is that losing this walk on to Misery is not on my list of concerns. I never said there weren’t concerns or reasons for criticism. That was a straw man created by another member.

I get the concerns about the program. I’ve expressed many. My point was and is that losing this walk on to Misery is not on my list of concerns. I never said there weren’t concerns or reasons for criticism. That was a straw man created by another member.
How many true centers does NU have on the roster and doesn't the lack of depth at an important position concern you?

My point which I thought was clear was that this is just one of many concerns that adds up to a bigger deal. In the whole scheme of things if everything was roses I wouldn’t bat an eye at losing a walk on to another school. The problem is there are more any more stories of similar regret then you couple it with 12-20 and here we are. If it makes you feel better to ignore the obvious and call my comment a strawman have at it.

How many true centers does NU have on the roster and doesn't the lack of depth at an important position concern you?
Our O line is in good shape for the future. I have concerns but this is not one of them. If we’re counting on a kid with zero P5 offers then our problems are worse than anyone imagined. Have you seen him play? I don’t want to be negative about the kid, but we’re not missing out here. If folks want to get shook up over this I guess that’s their right. Count me out though.

My point which I thought was clear was that this is just one of many concerns that adds up to a bigger deal. In the whole scheme of things if everything was roses I wouldn’t bat an eye at losing a walk on to another school. The problem is there are more any more stories of similar regret then you couple it with 12-20 and here we are. If it makes you feel better to ignore the obvious and call my comment a strawman have at it.
It is a straw man. You keep confirming that you don’t know what it means. I’m over it.

Again, there are concerns. There are numerous post about all those concerns. This thread is about one specific walk on. This kid choosing Misery is NOT a symptom of a virus. If you want to discuss symptoms of a larger problem in the program there are many other threads for that. But don’t use this as an example. It makes you and anyone else making this case just look petty and silly.

It is a straw man. You keep confirming that you don’t know what it means. I’m over it.

Again, there are concerns. There are numerous post about all those concerns. This thread is about one specific walk on. This kid choosing Misery is NOT a symptom of a virus. If you want to discuss symptoms of a larger problem in the program there are many other threads for that. But don’t use this as an example. It makes you and anyone else making this case just look petty and silly.
You’re like arguing with my ex-wife. I said it was a symptom of a bigger problem in the original post you disagreed and called it a strawman when I provided more symptoms. The one thing I will agree on is that I’m over it too.

Last edited:
Outstanding recruiting class that isn’t done yet. Added some key transfers. But a walk on chooses Misery over NU and it’s a symptom of a virus? Ridiculous.
I guess your evidence of us coming such a long way since the firing MR is pretty compelling. When you can produce such a stellar record as 12-20 there’s no need to question anything the staff is doing as long as it’s led by Scott Frost.

@HuskerNash

For the record, this is where you introduced the straw man. Look again and tell me I’m wrong.

Bygones

87dc6f62-7cd1-4bcf-9657-d07f9ad22410_569245635032431.gif

Bottom line, if there is an in-state kid who gets a scholarship offer to an FCS school, he should get a PWO offer from Nebraska within 48 hours. Period.
Period? That’s idiotic. What if he’s not a fit? What if he’s made comments to the staff he’s not interested in a PWO? These sweeping statements are what is driving so many of the quality posters off the main board. Dial it back a little, and start looking at what you have created 6 pages for. This is so much a giant nothing, but you few just keep hammering on it because apparently the negative crew get all moist thinking about what else they can complain about.

This is such a pathetic topic.

Last edited:
Period? That’s idiotic. What if he’s not a fit? What if he’s made comments to the staff he’s not interested in a PWO? These sweeping statements are what is driving so many of the quality posters off the main board. Dial it back a little, and start looking at what you have created 6 pages for. This is so much a giant nothing, but you few just keep hammering on it because apparently the negative crew get all moist thinking about what else they can complain about.

This is such a pathetic topic.

Well, that escalated quickly.

gifak-net shoulder product

Last edited:
Listen, some of you guys are so hell bent on carrying Frost's balls that any legitimate discussion is pointless. There's reason for skepticism and critique. You don't want an actual discussion though. You want someone to assuage your fears and tell you everything is fine despite what your eyes see for themselves. I'll make jokes from time to time because:
A) That's who I am.
B) It beats feeling negative about the state of my favorite sports team all the time.

The flip side of that is the group of people that are like Art in Christmas Vacation. Every little bit of positivity and good news is downplayed by saying the little lights aren't twinkling.

We gotta do better than offering after some of these other schools. It makes zero sense to wait and give him a PWO offer. We have really stepped our game up with guys like Dickerson and Woods, but this could have been avoided.

Mizzou is doing a really good job recruiting. They are all over our guys in Omaha.

Honestly, I was surprised he had no D1 offers. I agree, he should have been offered a PWO immediately. I think he has a real chance to be a starter for mizzou and has great blood lines. I think he'll work his butt off. Look at what Clester Johnson's kids have done, the first one was overlooked and did pretty well, the 2nd one was overlooked and has done pretty well and now the third one we really wanted still had a bad taste in his mouth about Nebraska (not Frost's fault). As I've said many times, if we're going to stretch a little bit, let's do it with a local kid that we are highly confident will stick it out. I think Isaac could have been someone who put the work in and maybe be a contributor/starter by his junior year. Now we'll never know.

Last edited:
And he got a PWO offer from NU as well. I guess I'm missing what the issue is.

Whether you agree or not, I think the point is NU slowed played the PWO offer and was "possibly" the deciding factor. I get slow playing a scholarship offer, but as another poster pointed out, what's the downside of offering a PWO? Sometimes kids feel disrespected. He was allstate in Nebraska on a pretty good team and is a natural center, so he's not exactly chopped liver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back