• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Should Scott Frost pivot his offense?

If you really wanted to use the word pivot, and you were a true Nebraskan, you would have been able to work the phrase "central pivot irrigation system" into casual conversation.....

View attachment 58604

Or you could take it a step further and have a center pivot watering cannabis in your avitar....if you wanted to go full blown Good LIfe State!:Biggrin:

Last edited:

I'd certainly like to see less cuteness in the red zone but the offense, even as is, would be respectable if they minimize the correctable mistakes and turnovers. They will also look much better if we play better special teams and force more turnovers so we, at least occasionally, aren't having to drive 85+ yards to score.

I heard Nick Saban say one time that it's not about practicing until you get something right: it's about practicing until you can't get it wrong.

Scott needs to pick two or three plays that they practice until they can't get it wrong. The triple option would be a great one, IMHO. Prob not gonna happen outside that one series against OSU.

@ShortSideOption says screen pass is a must-have with this offense ... I just don't get why they can't run it consistently.

@JonnyV @wheat RE: mistakes on offense.

I heard Nick Saban say one time that it's not about practicing until you get something right: it's about practicing until you can't get it wrong.

Scott needs to pick two or three plays that they practice until they can't get it wrong. The triple option would be a great one, IMHO. Prob not gonna happen outside that one series against OSU.

@ShortSideOption says screen pass is a must-have with this offense ... I just don't get why they can't run it consistently.

The triple option happens all the time in this offense. Just not in the way we saw it when we grew up.

I don't think he should completely revamp his offense but I do believe that he should evolve it towards a more TE/H-Back heavy version of his offense. Especially right now.

You have to be careful to not get caught up in the flavor of the month. Iowa State may not look so good when they don't have Purdy at QB and the nation's leading rusher. But I think the predominance of two and three Tight Ends and using one in something of a flex role has some nice elements to it. We already play multiple Tight Ends and split them out, but ISU really lives by it.

We just signed arguably the nation's top TE class without leaving our own back yard. There won't always be a Fidone right here but there's always good TE prospects in the region.

You also look at the growing number of bigger or, at least, powerfully built running backs in our offense. If it were me, I would keep it as part of the offense, but I would de-emphasize the Duck-R position for the time being and try to lean on opponents with some heavier personnel.

It would help take advantage of what we have coming back on defense too.

No, it needs to be coached better, called better, executed better, and reduce the penalties. Nebraska refuses to just get out of their own way, it’s constantly it’s own worst enemy.

Not sure it’s a “must have” but it’s built into a ton of our plays. But it is for every team when the numbers are there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back