• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Are we going to get an Accurate Passing QB from the Portal?

I don’t hate am. I just see the writing in the wall. A qb that turns the ball
Over can’t read a defense very fast doesn’t have an accurate arm. An average qb can tend to have less turn overs and can get the ball down field with accuracy. Going to be a long two years unless am turns it around and can protect the ball and figures out how to throw the ball down field so a receiver doesn’t have to make a great catch just to get it complete.
Yes, AM fumbles a lot. Yes, he's thrown some bad picks. (You simply CANNOT throw late over the middle of the field.) However, he's also made a ton of plays with his legs and finished this season with a 71% completion percentage. Show me any QB in Husker history who has accomplished that. (You can't because it's never happened before.)

To say he's inaccurate is simply not true. Not dynamic in the passing game? That's fair. But, again, that's equal parts open receivers/good pass blocking/accurate throws. We haven't had a good combination of all three of those consistently since he was a freshman. And our lack of explosive plays the last two years bears that out.

Last edited:
Fumbling the ball or throwing that int? Last I checked that lies with the guy that has the ball in his hands.
Ok this quote right here tells me this isn't even worth trying to make you understand. But I'll give it a shot. He had at least two fumbles this year where he was hit from the blind side trying getting ready to pass and the defender hit him when a lineman totally whiffed on the block.

So which of the lineman’s is at fault for him
Fumbling the ball or throwing that int? Last I checked that lies with the guy that has the ball in his hands.
This is our senior right guard. Who as the announcer said was able to get a free shot on AM. And the amazing thing is this was only one of his three interceptions for the entire year.

Last edited:
I also wonder if we are giving our offense the right looks in practice to prepare for our games.... that alone would explain some of AMs issues... I know several times our coach would talk about not seeing several looks from teams like they expected... to me this may be one of our biggest issues

If what you said really happened then every single staff member on Nebraska’s team should be fired. That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. A six grader with crayons could come up with better plays for individuals than that.
I mean, I watched everything you quoted happen on Saturdays for us in 2020 so it definitely happened.

I also wonder if we are giving our offense the right looks in practice to prepare for our games.... that alone would explain some of AMs issues... I know several times our coach would talk about not seeing several looks from teams like they expected... to me this may be one of our biggest issues
I don't know if it's "right looks" but I do think some of our issue is the personnel being used against our 1s. For example, you could tell against Northwestern some of the ways they stopped plays in practice just didn't work when they played a group of starters running it.

To all of the AM haters: I don't think it is coincidence that AM had his best season as a freshman when he had the best group of recievers, O line and RB's since he has been here. To place all of the offense blame on him is just ignorant.

Yes, AM fumbles a lot. Yes, he's thrown some bad picks. (You simply CANNOT throw late over the middle of the field.) However, he's also made a ton of plays with his legs and finished this season with a 71% completion percentage. Show me any QB in Husker history who has done accomplished that. (You can't because it's never happened before.)

To say he's inaccurate is simply not true. Not dynamic in the passing game? That's fair. But, again, that's equal parts open receivers/good pass blocking/accurate throws. We haven't had a good combination of all three of those consistently since he was a freshman. And our lack of explosive plays the last two years bears that out.
Even as a freshmen he turned the ball over a lot. As for your 71% show me a qb from
Nebraska that just threw ten yards or less all
Game long with never going further than that. Past that ams numbers for completions
Is over rated hence why if he transferred tomorrow no big ten team would be fighting to get him.

Ok this quote right here tells me this isn't even worth trying to make you understand. But I'll give it a shot. He had at least two fumbles this year where he was hit from the blind side trying getting ready to pass and the defender hit him when a lineman totally whiffed on the block.
It’s on the guy with the football to make sure to secure the football? Guess I didn’t realize that a wihiffed block means the guy holding the football is supposed to lose the ball on the ground.

Yes, AM fumbles a lot. Yes, he's thrown some bad picks. (You simply CANNOT throw late over the middle of the field.) However, he's also made a ton of plays with his legs and finished this season with a 71% completion percentage. Show me any QB in Husker history who has done accomplished that. (You can't because it's never happened before.)

I’m really hard on quarterbacks and sometimes unfair. We had great option QB’s but haven’t had that great dual threat or passer. I understand Adrian didn’t have much around him so I’m taking a wait and see approach. I haven’t seen anyone better than him on the roster and get very conflicting reports on Smothers. Wait and see is all I can do.

This is our senior right guard. Who as the announcer said was able to get a free shot on AM. And the amazing thing is this was only one of his three interceptions for the entire year.

Lmao looks to me like am
Has zero field awareness. Coming from his right side and still didn’t see him coming.

When you say that AM fumbles are all his own fault. The Iowa play he got drilled because our O-lineman whiffed on his block. The line had their issues as well and didn't help AM's fumbles issues either.
Lmao so the line
Is responsible for am holding onto
he ball got it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back