• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffery Transferring

MCCaffrey is our 2nd string QB backing up a 4th year starter. I agree MCaffrey may be even better at other positions but he is not horrible and better than other QBs that have left Nebraska for other p5 schools.

Are you saying he's a better QB than Gebbia or POB?

Are you saying he's a better QB than Gebbia or POB?
that was my thoughts. I’m struggling to find a transfer quarterback from Nebraska that wasn’t as good as McCaffrey. Don’t get me wrong I love his desire and want to I just think you can help the team in different ways.

The transfer portal is not ruining college football. Huskers losing all the time is making college football less interesting for most of us I think.

If Justin Fields or Joe Burrow transferred to Nebraska I don’t think anyone on the board would say it is ruining college football.

If Burrow didn’t transfer to LSU we would not have seen his historic season last year. If Burrow stayed at Ohio State he may only have seen mop up duty. His transfer certainty helped college football and himself.

The 4 team playoff is also not a bad thing. With 130 teams there should be at least 4 teams, if not more, that deserve a chance to win a championship. A few years back there were 3 undefeated power 5 teams (the year Auburn was left out of title game).

I find it strange that freshman decide to leave before a season begins but to each their own. Nebraska just needs to learn and adapt, which I think it has done. Know the guys you are recruiting and accept the fact guys will transfer out and in.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back