• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Are we going to get an Accurate Passing QB from the Portal?

You can only throw deep passes if you have receivers capable of getting open deep. Point out who in our starting WR lineup was capable of doing that every down. Certainly not Warner or Falck. Wan'Dale was quick in the slot but not a burner. Betts has speed but was deeply inexperienced. Couple the lack of athleticism in (most of) our starting WRs with O-linemen getting burned regularly (goodbye and good luck, Mr. Farniok) and you have very little chance of any downfield threat materializing.

If we see the same line play that closed out the Rutgers game, you'll be amazed how many more successful downfield shots we'll be able to take with the very same QB some of you are lamenting right now. (Assuming we can get some speed on the field at WR, that is.)

Funny sure could of sworn there was a line out there would love to see him play with no lineman. Please do tell what game the lineman didn’t block or wasn’t on the field so he could get the yards.
Me saying he doesn't have a line is like you guys saying he can't complete a downfield pass for 20 yards. Keep things in perspective.

You can only throw deep passes if you have receivers capable of getting open deep. Point out who in our starting WR lineup was capable of doing that every down. Certainly not Warner or Falck. Wan'Dale was quick in the slot but not a burner. Betts has speed but was deeply inexperienced. Couple the lack of athleticism in (most of) our starting WRs with O-linemen getting burned regularly (goodbye and good luck, Mr. Farniok) and you have very little chance of any downfield threat materializing.

If we see the same line play that closed out the Rutgers game, you'll be amazed how many more successful downfield shots we'll be able to take with the very same QB some of you are lamenting right now. (Assuming we can get some speed on the field at WR, that is.)
It doesn't matter to am haters if we have receivers or not. Haters will be haters.

Me saying he doesn't have a line is like you guys saying he can't complete a downfield pass for 20 yards. Keep things in perspective.
So which of the lineman’s is at fault for him
Fumbling the ball or throwing that int? Last I checked that lies with the guy that has the ball in his hands.

Right. So had a super accurate passer and was the 6th leading rusher in the B1G and we are going to get a replacement in the portal without giving him the starting job? Just not going to happen.

We have way more issues than our QBs accuracy.
True dat. QB fumbling and INTs

I don’t disagree and really was hoping they could find someone to come in snd compete with AM. As it is I believe Frost will pull him and insert Smothers if he struggles. He pulled him this year. When it was apparent Luke wasn’t the answer they went back to AM.
Martinez’s final four games he started in 2020

Passing. Rushing
24- 28. 255 yds. 157
16-27. 111 yds. 96
23-30. 242 yds. 45
18-20. 174 yds. 28

82-105. 782 yds. 326

3 picks in the last 4 games Over 75% completion rate Team was 2-2

The line did struggle a lot this year though. Penalties and the lack of a consistent run game put us behind on most drives. That is a offense killer. Rather see second and 6 than second and 15. They where young but whiffed a few times also. Honestly I thought Adrian should have done a better job seeing the pressure as it wasn’t usually his blind side. The line will be better next year I believe. Lots of young dudes on there.
The chaotic snaps didn’t do AM any favors either.

It amazes me that the most knowledgeable fans in football can’t see this. You put this kid in Alabama’s offense and he’s a Heisman candidate. He certainly throws as good a ball is Jalen hurts he just doesn’t have the weapons nor the protection.

The entire reason Wan'dale wasn't as effective as he could be in 2020 is because we took zero deep shots. People spoke on here about that all through the season. We were starting Levi Falck and Kade Warner at one point.

Now, I was getting pissed when we would split Vokolek out wide and throw a jump ball to him but then guys like Manning or Betts were just sitting on the bench. You mean to tell me we can't get them to do that?

Before we start looking for "an accurate passer for 20+ yards downfield" in the portal, we better get our offense ready to use it. Remember how happy everyone was that we brought in Lubick who as a coordinator was going to have a lot more of his first reads for AMart be the TEs? Now we are mad we aren't throwing down field as much.

Just gotta win.
If what you said really happened then every single staff member on Nebraska’s team should be fired. That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. A six grader with crayons could come up with better plays for individuals than that.

It doesn't matter to am haters if we have receivers or not. Haters will be haters.
I don’t hate am. I just see the writing in the wall. A qb that turns the ball
Over can’t read a defense very fast doesn’t have an accurate arm. An average qb can tend to have less turn overs and can get the ball down field with accuracy. Going to be a long two years unless am turns it around and can protect the ball and figures out how to throw the ball down field so a receiver doesn’t have to make a great catch just to get it complete.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back