• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Markese Stepp to Huskers from USC

Suspect Frost knew from the get go Mills was gone.
I think it was even more than that. Out of respect for his team and coach, Mills has waited to announce the decision and told Frost he was going.....Which gave Frost over 2 weeks to do a search.

I think Wan Dale did exactly the same thing. Telling the staff his decision, but giving them plenty of time to try to plug the hole and lessen the damage.

And if that’s what has happened I think it’s wonderful. Reality, mixed with some common sense and manners.

Gee, what a concept.

I think it was even more than that. Out of respect for his team and coach, Mills has waited to announce the decision and told Frost he was going.....Which gave Frost over 2 weeks to do a search.

I think Wan Dale did exactly the same thing. Telling the staff his decision, but giving them plenty of time to try to plug the hole and lessen the damage.

And if that’s what has happened I think it’s wonderful. Reality, mixed with some common sense and manners.

Gee, what a concept.
Makes sense and hope you're correct. :thumbsup:

Looks to me like Nebraska is waking up to the realities and using the transfer portal portal to our advantage instead of just being hurt by it.

This kid looks really good and may be what we’re looking for to fill Mill’s shoes. Maybe even better!

Just like the FCS wide receiver Scott just brought in.

This appears to be very positive to me. We’re taking a look at the portal and trying to work it instead of just get hammered by it.

There's got to be a few more players in the same situation...they left the Midwest for a school a distance away and are looking to get back closer to their home turf. Let's go find them!

He originally committed to ND, but then switched to usc.

I watched some video of him today, no way is he 4.42 speed. He looked Mills fast, but he is a big bruiser, certainly bigger than mills. For sure a big 10 between the tackles type rb. This guy can carry a load and move a big pile

injury history
Mills was the same way.

And yes...this guy looks like an actual Big 10 style back and I AM excited.

But of course you are right he’s got to stay healthy.

The new receiver intrigues the hell out of me as well. This isn’t some “maybe kid”.... he has caught just a boatload of passes over the years. and Montana plays a pretty darn good brand of football.

IIRC Tyreek Hill came from a Div 2 school. There’s a lot of talent out there at the FCS level and below. you might have to dig deeper... but there’s some real gems out there.

He originally committed to ND, but then switched to usc.

I watched some video of him today, no way is he 4.42 speed. He looked Mills fast, but he is a big bruiser, certainly bigger than mills. For sure a big 10 between the tackles type rb. This guy can carry a load and move a big pile

I also have doubts about the listed 4.42 speed. I suspect it is more in the 4.6-4.7 range. Still acceptable for a big back like him.

IIRC Tyreek Hill came from a Div 2 school. There’s a lot of talent out there at the FCS level and below. you might have to dig deeper... but there’s some real gems out there.

Tyreek attended Oklahoma State for a season -- but was cut loose when arrested for domestic violence for choking his girlfriend. He then attended West Alabama after reaching a plea deal.

Like the signing. We needed a hammer. Seems like forever since we had one. Janovich and Ziggy and maybe Imani Cross come to mind. It would be nice to move from him to Scott and Rahmir for a change of pace. Still want to see Sevion. Now for the big move. Ask Luke if he would consider moving to Duck R. If that happens, we are cooking with gas.

If Fidone is what he is cracked up to be and we can get any mileage out of Manning or Toure', our offense could be very dangerous.

A rush end or a QB to really push AM if Luke moves to slot and NU at least (on paper) could be headed in the right direction.

Any news on Stille?

Tyreek attended Oklahoma State for a season -- but was cut loose when arrested for domestic violence for choking his girlfriend. He then attended West Alabama after reaching a plea deal.
Interesting, I did not know about his troubles...he was a community college guy first was my understanding...then one year at Okie State then West Alabama.

I don’t think that changes my point about talent being out there. When you look at NFL rosters it is surprising to see how many guys came from schools no one ever heard of.

Speed rusher next...get the Dickerson kid.....maybe the other kid from Hawaii....and I go have a beer.

in my house of course.

F@#$ing Pandemic!.....

I posted this in the portal thread but i'll post it here. Texted my friend that works at USC about this kid and what his thoughts were. Long story short he's really frustrated they don't run enough to keep him there. "Really big dude that's tough to bring down, good not great speed and good not great feet. Sucks to see him go."

Sounds like a great replacement for Mills. A bruiser that won't be able to catch as well as Dedrick and probably not any faster, but can fit the goalline back mode. Only question will be how quick he can pick up the offense and if he can stay healthy.

I posted this in the portal thread but i'll post it here. Texted my friend that works at USC about this kid and what his thoughts were. Long story short he's really frustrated they don't run enough to keep him there. "Really big dude that's tough to bring down, good not great speed and good not great feet. Sucks to see him go."

Sounds like a great replacement for Mills. A bruiser that won't be able to catch as well as Dedrick and probably not any faster, but can fit the goalline back mode. Only question will be how quick he can pick up the offense and if he can stay healthy.

"Run that way really really fast. If someone gets in your way, go friggin beastmode."

maxresdefault.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back