• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Markese Stepp to Huskers from USC

johnrr6

Lucky!
5 Year Member
Looks to me like Nebraska is waking up to the realities and using the transfer portal portal to our advantage instead of just being hurt by it.

This kid looks really good and may be what we’re looking for to fill Mill’s shoes. Maybe even better!

Just like the FCS wide receiver Scott just brought in.

This appears to be very positive to me. We’re taking a look at the portal and trying to work it instead of just get hammered by it.

Last edited:

Looks to me like Nebraska is waking up to the realities and using the transfer portal to our advantage instead of just being hurt by it.

This kid looks really good and maybe what we’re looking for to fill Mill’s shoes. Maybe even better!

Just like the FCS wide receiver Scott just brought in.

This appears to be very positive to me. We’re taking a look at the portal and trying to work it instead of just get hammered by it.

This gives me hope!

If you can trust the numbers, it looks like he has the top-end speed that Mills didn't. At 228, he should be able to run some power, too.

It would help me a lot if we could just keep the same names on the jerseys next fall and change out the players. Is that possible? Stepp would be Mills, etc. And certainly anyone playing QB needs to have Martinez on the jersey - we've had one for like 7 out of the last 10 seasons.

I'm getting older...

Last edited:

I will catch flack for this but Until I see it on the field I wont believe it. Still waiting for Omar Manning and the stud D-back from Juco last year to make some noise :Banghead:
Of course. And I don’t see why you should catch any flack. These guys have to prove themselves and the first batch hasn’t.....let’s hope the second batch does really well and the first batch actually performs this year.

The point being I see this as a positive action instead of sitting on our hands bemoaning our state with 30 pages of posts. And also wondering if we had any savvy with the transfer portal at all.

It is also very interesting and I don’t think a coincidence that on the exact day we lose someone....we gain someone. Twice now....

So that shows to me that in the background the staff is realizing what is going on .....talking to these kids trying to arrange for a decent, civilized process of loss and replacement.

And how savvy the staff is regarding momentum and social media and today’s quick gratification/Instant despair world.

Because let’s face it, yesterday, I wasn’t feeling great about the Huskers and even made a couple posts about how we needed a solid running back regardless of losing Wan Dale or not.

Hopefully this kid is a step up. And if he’s hurt sometimes is that any worse than what Mills was? Maybe all this does is buy some time for our younger running back’s to get ready.

Either way, no matter how you spin it, this is POSITIVE!

Last edited:

Of course. And I don’t see why you should catch any flack. These guys have to prove themselves and the first batch hasn’t.....let’s hope the second batch does really well and the first batch actually performs this year.

The point being I see this as a positive action instead of sitting on our hands bemoaning our state with 30 pages of posts. And also wondering if we had any savvy with the transfer portal at all.

It is also very interesting and I don’t think a coincidence that on the exact day we lose someone....we gain someone. Twice now....

So that shows to me that in the background the staff is realizing what is going on .....talking to these kids trying to arrange for a decent, civilized process of loss and replacement.

And how savvy the staff is regarding momentum and social media and today’s quick gratification/Instant despair world.

Because let’s face it, yesterday, I wasn’t feeling great about the Huskers and even made a couple posts about how we needed a solid running back regardless of losing Wan Dale or not.

Hopefully this kid is a step up. And if he’s hurt sometimes is that any worse than what Mills was? Maybe all this does is buy some time for our younger running back’s to get ready.

Either way, no matter how you spin it, this is POSITIVE!
I read somewhere Mills announced his departure couple of hours AFTER Stepp's transfer was announced. Probably means nothing but it was interesting. Suspect Frost knew from the get go Mills was gone.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back