• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Should Be The Next Coach After Frost?

I’m sorry, but I think this is a ridiculous post! Bill Moos has stated that coach Frost is no where near a hot seat and coach Frost has a 7 year contract. Our program has been a revolving door of coaches and as a program became craptastic! What we need is some consistency in the program and we need all of this negative banter to go away, because all it does is make it harder for coach Frost to rebuild this program. We need to give him 6 or 7 years, even if the years leading up to that are crappy. If after 7 years we still suck, fire him. At least we show future coaches that they will be given a chance to turn things around before they are fired. But in my opinion, by year 7 coach Frost will have us humming!

If we do what you say, after seven years, like the last three years, the Husker Program will be DEAD Jim......... :( (Star Trek reference for those of you in Rio Linda, not a personal attack).

Seriously, you can see with your own eyes that there has been no progress over the last three years:
1. No improvement in winning (most important thing) CHECK
2. No evidence of player development CHECK
3. Clear evidence of good players leaving before they can be developed CHECK
4. Concerns that player evaluation is flawed (QB) CHECK
5. Failure to win, winnable games due to coaching mistakes: blown half time leads, 3rd string QB's leading late 4th quarter rallies, etc CHECK

Some of us are ready to make the jump now given the strength of schedule in 2021 making it almost impossible to have a winning season (Can you show me 7 wins, at my most optimistic I can't find three :( ).

Thus why not realize that despite many of us including me thinking Scott was Obi-Wan coming home, we were wrong and that we have get a divorce and to move on.

Dail 1-800 Lance Leipold (proven winner, with Nebraska ties no less is my choice).

GBR

Swing and a miss. It's all about the $$$.

No. It's not. If NU pulls the plug on what just about everyone agrees was the right guy after 4-5 years? No chance in hell a former hometown player who was in the NFL as a HC takes a "demotion" to NU. Frost almost walked on water during his hire. Taylor will take a look at that and say no effing way. And you cannot blame him. NU will probably have to either settle for a fired retread or pull someone from the lower division of football. Leipold fits that mold and would be a better choice anyway.

No. It's not. If NU pulls the plug on what just about everyone agrees was the right guy after 4-5 years? No chance in hell a former hometown player who was in the NFL as a HC takes a "demotion" to NU. Frost almost walked on water during his hire. Taylor will take a look at that and say no effing way. And you cannot blame him. NU will probably have to either settle for a fired retread or pull someone from the lower division of football. Leipold fits that mold and would be a better choice anyway.
Since he's only making 465k right now he'd be a hell of a lot cheaper especially if he bombed out. :Lol:

Since he's only making 465k right now he'd be a hell of a lot cheaper especially if he bombed out. :Lol:

Is that what Leipold makes? Wow. The thing about this issue is (for the people who think we can simply fire a HC and plug and play another coach and everything will be A OK), we have been riding this roller coaster since firing Solich. We may strike lightning in a bottle by hiring Leipold. His pedigree is there. Or we may hire someone who is in over his head. Frost did not forget how to coach. He DOES need to adjust and tweak his offense. Simplify things and run some bread and butter offense. None of us are happy with what we see. But our program desperately needs continuity.

Is that what Leipold makes? Wow. The thing about this issue is (for the people who think we can simply fire a HC and plug and play another coach and everything will be A OK), we have been riding this roller coaster since firing Solich. We may strike lightning in a bottle by hiring Leipold. His pedigree is there. Or we may hire someone who is in over his head. Frost did not forget how to coach. He DOES need to adjust and tweak his offense. Simplify things and run some bread and butter offense. None of us are happy with what we see. But our program desperately needs continuity.
All true but we really do not need continuity of continued losing seasons either. At some point in time it's really got to negatively impact recruiting.

I love these looking into the future threads.
But what I want to know is who should be the coach to replace the coach that replaced Frost when he or she is kicked to the curb.

I fully admit that I wanted the Frost hire and was downright giddy when we got him.

However,I was wrong. Frost did not forget how to coach, but it is very possible he never knew how to coach against defenses with a pulse. Auburn was one game and who honestly knows if Auburn was even motivated for that game.

At this point, any ‘edge’ or ‘new’ has worn off and their is a book out on how to beat Frost like a drum. I think Fleck might have authored it.

I don’t like this thread, but my names would be Leipold or Eric Bienemy.
I still think Turner Gill would have been the best former Husker qb to be our head coach.

Wow! Might be a good hire; but, would be unimaginably weird to see Bienemy as head coach at NU.

Based on the responses in this thread, it’s evident that the majority of you still feel like you could pull the hottest babe in the room.

This is not a Top 10 college coaching job anymore. I think it can be, but these pipe dreams of Stoops, or Venebals, Urban, or Eric Bieniemy, are about as likely as me winning the powerball Saturday.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back