• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What's the chance that our sell out streak ends next year?

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
I know this depends upon rich sponsors of the program picking up lots of unsold tickets, but I think there is a good chance that as the season wears on next year we will come vey close to losing our sell out streak.

Husker football is less and less fun to watch.

I do think at some point soon we will see a reduction in capacity/seats due to "improvements' for fans, i.e more leg room or more butt room. This will offset any loss in ticket requests.
Have to agree with what you posted. Honestly I could use a little more butt room and seatbacks for everyone.

Last edited:

I know this depends upon rich sponsors of the program picking up lots of unsold tickets, but I think there is a good chance that as the season wears on next year we will come vey close to losing our sell out streak.

Husker football is less and less fun to watch.
I have friends that will take your spot so that's covered...

While I have to assume some fan attendance in 2021, it's TBD if they will allow 100% capacity. Regardless, a sellout only means selling all of the available tickets. So if there's limited tickets -- and due to pent up demand -- probably safe in 2021. Might be a bit more interesting if 100% capacity is allowed -- take into account some fans might be wary of returning to a packed stadium due to Covid (and knowing there's thousands of senior citizens typically in attendance). So that's not even taking into account the football product itself. If it's only about the success of the team, probably still safe for sellouts in 2021 -- but 2022 would be much more questionable if we don't have a winning record in 2021 and Frost is retained.

Last edited:
Unless the team starts winning soon, it will end at some point, sooner probably than later. Fans will only go so long for a bad product without a lot of hope. I mean, I can’t be the only one who’s interest has waned over the past decade or so. I still watch and follow loyally, but it doesn’t bother me when the Huskers lose either, it’s almost expected. Empathy is probably setting in for many, not just me.

Money is tight for a lot of people, the team is not doing good, there was a lot of fan disappointment at the end with the decision to decline a bowl, and one of the best on the team doesn't want to be a Husker anymore. But a lot of people rolled over their tickets to next year. I think the "sellout" is safe for 2021, but I also suspect there will be a lot of discount tickets on the aftermarket.

Money is tight for a lot of people, the team is not doing good, there was a lot of fan disappointment at the end with the decision to decline a bowl, and one of the best on the team doesn't want to be a Husker anymore. But a lot of people rolled over their tickets to next year. I think the "sellout" is safe for 2021, but I also suspect there will be a lot of discount tickets on the aftermarket.
I got a free ticket for sending in a cereal box top Frosty flakes

I do think at some point soon we will see a reduction in capacity/seats due to "improvements' for fans, i.e more leg room or more butt room. This will offset any loss in ticket requests.

Desperately needed in my opinion. There's hardly room to stand let alone sit.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back