• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Which Huskers could start for Ohio State?

When teams such as OSU, Bama, Clemson have almost total control of picking the best of the best HS athletes in the country a Nebraska player that might be a starter is an anomaly. If they were that good they'd probably have been picked by one of the super power P5 teams. To make matters worse if they are that good it's bye bye to whomever and hello PORTAL!

There were about 28 5 star rated HS players in 2020 so with 130 teams do the math. Bama grabs 3 or 4 they've already consumed around 14% available. Bama already has SEVEN 5 star commits for 2021 so it simply gets worse for anyone trying to play catchup.

The bottomline this trend will continue unless something is done to prevent a handful of P5 programs from constantly monopolizing HS talent. I honestly see what's happening to talent distribution to get even more lopsided then it is right now. Frankly it's going to kill off many college fans interest in the game. Does anyone really want to see the sport completely dominated by a handful of teams?

Last edited:
I’m talking about Ty.

Maybe two deep.

I'd say the same for CTB.

We're not there yet, but I think we're closing the gap in a handful of position groups. The issue is its not ALL the position groups.

Sorry, I didn’t mean it that way - I was merely asking question. Probably a similar answer for 100 or more D1 programs.
I think it's a reasonable question in light of what we witnessed with the dismemberment of OSU last night. Keeping in mind OSU is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Nebraska in talent so it highlights what's going to happen year after year in the BIG. Does anyone believe Day is such an all world coach his W-L record in the BIG is currently 24-1 or maybe there's a slight talent difference with other conference teams? I believe any number of good coaches would have the same record at OSU given the talent disparity between them and the rest of the conference. I see no reason that's going to change anytime in the future.

Am can start for any power five team. He’s the best player we have and are lucky he is even staying around to try and help drag us out of this hole.

If you are referring to Martinez, he wouldn't even be the fifth string QB at OSU. He has zero downfield vision or touch. Contrast that with Fields or Jones and it is depressing if your a husker fan

If you are referring to Martinez, he wouldn't even be the fifth string QB at OSU. He has zero downfield vision or touch. Contrast that with Fields or Jones and it is depressing if your a husker fan
Well I was informed that frost isn’t going after another qb in the transfer portal cause am is to good and the only reason he doesn’t have any down field passes is cause the oline never gives him time.

you didn't watch fields with the same objective view you do am then. Over throws, behind receivers, should have had a couple of interceptions and running out of bounds when he could have faught for more. Now am I saying that makes him a bad qb? No. I just wish people would stop calling am bad for doing the same things other top qbs do.

If a few of our players could have a year or two in the OSU system with OSU coaching and play calling, then maybe a couple could get into the two deep. The OSU secondary is weakcompared with the rest of the team, so maybe there.

Right now they are not skilled enough, notwithstanding the potential skill set they came with. It has not been developed.

The determinations of the all conference teams is not far off the mark, and while that is not the same question as this post, it gives a clear indication of the current quality of our players.

you didn't watch fields with the same objective view you do am then. Over throws, behind receivers, should have had a couple of interceptions and running out of bounds when he could have faught for more. Now am I saying that makes him a bad qb? No. I just wish people would stop calling am bad for doing the same things other top qbs do.
In fairness to Fields if this wasn't the NC not sure he would have even been playing. You can bet he was instructed to run OOB whenever possible. He was sucking wind on a couple of those hits and you could see it. Ever tried to do many athletic moves with your ribs screwed up? I have and it took months for my ribs to actually stop hurting from doing fairly simple things. Compare Fields in the Clemson game before he was hurt and he was a very different looking QB imo.

I’m not even going down the Alabama road, as the answer is zero. But for Ohio State, which Huskers might have a shot at starting there?

I will say one: Cam Taylor Britt.

We have another 4-5 that could be on the 2s.

Thoughts?

The only one just transferred

Well I was informed that frost isn’t going after another qb in the transfer portal cause am is to good and the only reason he doesn’t have any down field passes is cause the oline never gives him time.

Won't try to speak for coach frost but I hardly trust his judgement when it comes to AM. Aside from having poor vision, being a slow blinker, and little touch, AM is a turnover machine.

What part of AM's game do you like better in Year 3 vs Year 1. For me, Nothing. He is at his ceiling and I wish it wasn't so but stats don't lie

If he is our starting QB next year we will be lucky to win 4-5 games.

Won't try to speak for coach frost but I hardly trust his judgement when it comes to AM. Aside from having poor vision, being a slow blinker, and little touch, AM is a turnover machine.

What part of AM's game do you like better in Year 3 vs Year 1. For me, Nothing. He is at his ceiling and I wish it wasn't so but stats don't lie

If he is our starting QB next year we will be lucky to win 4-5 games.
Oh I agree but in a discussion about who we should go after in the portal I was informed qb wasn’t one of them cause am is the best qb and is only lacking down field passes cause of poor oline play. If frost wants to improve this team to me that would be one of the better choices is to take a qb. Not a long term qb but the one from ou would of been a good choice think he was a one for one or two for two guy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back