• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale....

but other teams of quality with quality coaching are not losing the number and quality of players to the portal that we are.
I’m sorry but IMHO this is just not true.

it is affecting EVERYONE....at all levels of programs. Northwestern just had seven announce that they were transferring and you are saying Fitz is not a quality coach? Schools like Alabama and Clemson I have a bunch of “quality players” transfer every year.

Has Nebraska been hit a little heavier? Probably, and it is something we need to take a look at and learn to adapt to and adjust.....and work on methods to mitigate it.

I get the fact that folks are unhappy and want to spin everything as a deep, dark problem relating to Frost. And I’m no expert and perhaps some of the blame lies with him.

But the simple fact is that this is a major change in college football nationwide and it is especially abhorrent to solid Midwestern values that we have all grown up with.

I hate to say this but...tough...We simply have to learn to live with it and adapt to it..... but most especially we need to learn to profit from it.

I personally think we should stop this discussion right now and wait for any official announcement.

We are all just speculating. And in this case, on a subject that is just depressing and not fun at all.

And it hasn’t even happened.

Hell, I don’t even know why were doing it.

So I’m going to take my own advice and post no more comments in this thread until we know for certain what is going to happen.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but IMHO this is just not true.

it is affecting EVERYONE....at all levels of programs. Northwestern just had seven announce that they were transferring and you are saying Fitz is not a quality coach? Schools like Alabama and Clemson I have a bunch of “quality players” transfer every year.

Has Nebraska been hit a little heavier? Probably, and it is something we need to take a look at and learn to adapt to and adjust.....and work on methods to mitigate it.

I get the fact that folks are unhappy and want to spin everything as a deep, dark problem relating to Frost. And I’m no expert and perhaps some of the blame lies with him.

But the simple fact is that this is a major change in college football nationwide and it is especially abhorrent to solid Midwestern values that we have all grown up with.

I hate to say this but...tough...We simply have to learn to live with it and adapt to it..... but most especially we need to learn to profit from it.
in your world is it not sending up a red flag when you potentially lose Spielman our biggest play maker last year and Wandale this year. Say what you want but the transfer portal is made up of players that aren’t getting playing time. Teams are not losing their biggest play makers.

If Wandale is leaving to go home (Lexington, KY is 36 miles from his home) I'll be unhappy but it can be rationalized because of Covid, etc. If however he winds up far from his home Moos had better take a very hard look at what's going on with Husker football program imo.

Rationalized, but not true.

@HuskerNash

In my world? Yes

In any world? Yes

Am I concerned? Yes...of course!

But I think people are ignoring the immensity of what the transfer portal has done to college football. And I’m also not sure that our coach, our school, our weather or how pretty our girls are makes a difference....at all.

And regardless, I don’t see any of my posts downplaying this. What I’m saying is that this is going to become business as usual pretty much nationwide and we need to pull our heads out of our butts and find ways to mitigate it, adapt to it, and for heavens sake prosper from it.

And....This particular bad piece of news has not even officially happened, yet.

Darn it, I said I was not going to make another post. You tricked me!:)

Last edited:
@HuskerNash

In my world? Yes

In any world? Yes

Am I concerned, Yes...of course!

But I think people are ignoring the immensity of what the transfer portal has done to college football. And I’m also not sure that our coach, our school our weather or how pretty our girls are makes a difference....at all.

And regardless, I don’t see any of my posts downplaying this. What I’m saying is that this is going to become business as usual pretty much nationwide and we need to pull our heads out of our butts and find ways to mitigate it, adapt to it, and for heavens sake prosper from it.

And....This particular bad piece of news has not even officially happened, yet.

Darn it, I said I was not going to make another post. You tricked me! :)
I think those that are just chalking it up to the transfer portal are mistaken. When you start losing young players early that have potential that concerns me about what’s going on in Lincoln. When you start losing proven talent that gets showcased or plenty of reps in our offense then I became really concerned about what’s going on in Lincoln. I’m not ready to chalk this up to Covid or the new ways of the transfer portal. it’s bad enough we are leading the Big Ten in transfers but now it appears there is a trend with some real talent leaving. In my world that signals issues internally.

But...if you move LM outside, what do you do about QB depth? AM gets hurt every year. By all accounts, LS wasn't close to being ready this year. Not sure he is even next year. That is a scary proposition. I know LM struggled this year, but he at least has 2 years in the offense and some experience. Tough tough decisions ahead for Scott, that's for sure.

I like Hutmatcher at QB.

Can you imagine him running the RPO?

Oof.

@HuskerNash

You could be right my friend. I just think it’s too early to make those kind of assertions based on the reasons you already pointed out. And also there’s been nothing official on this yet so let’s see how it plays out.

in your world is it not sending up a red flag when you potentially lose Spielman our biggest play maker last year and Wandale this year. Say what you want but the transfer portal is made up of players that aren’t getting playing time. Teams are not losing their biggest play makers.

The common denominator in the transfer portal is IMPATIENCE. Kids are unwilling to work to earn their playing time, or unwilling to wait to get their PT.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back