• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer portal Speculation

You talking about this tweet with like two Kentucky fans replying?

Yes—that tweet. 5 or 6 Kentucky comments and several Kentucky retweets. You’re right; not huge, but few responses for one of his tweets in general. Also, most of his tweets in the past are videos, Husker media and other Husker players. I am probably just paranoid, but the roster management and results on the field are responsible for that.

Last edited:
Yes—that tweet. 5 or 6 Kentucky comments and several Kentucky retweets. You’re right; not huge, but few responses for one of his tweets in general. Also, most of his tweets in the past are videos, Husker media and other Husker players. I am probably just paranoid, but the roster management and results on the field are responsible for that.
I get the paranoia, but I try not to read too much into kids' social media posts.

Teach it like Lovie always has from NFL days to present. Receivers always "paid the price", especially in the middle. Remember how beat up JD was after the Illini game in 2019.
No doubt, he had that dialed in, but there seemed to be some issues with translating those tackling skills to coverages. It's a tough nut to crack, finding someone who excels in both areas.

I think if there’s one thing we don’t have to worry about is that the core players on this team are going to bail. They really seem to love and be all in with Scott Frost.

That said, if WR did leave that would be a huge indictment of SF capability to lead the team.

I think if there’s one thing we don’t have to worry about is that the core players on this team are going to bail. They really seem to love and be all in with Scott Frost.

That said, if WR did leave that would be a huge indictment of SF capability to lead the team.
Weird statement. Should we go through all the top talent in the transfer portal and determine that all those coaches have questionable leadership ability?

Weird statement. Should we go through all the top talent in the transfer portal and determine that all those coaches have questionable leadership ability?

If one of your guys that is seemingly all-in is suddenly bolting out the door at the end of the season yeah that’s a huge red flag for a coach.

If you want to go through the situation at other teams be my guest. I’m concerned with Nebraska.

Anyway, I don’t think WR is leaving so it was pretty much a throwaway comment.

If one of your guys that is seemingly all-in is suddenly bolting out the door at the end of the season yeah that’s a huge red flag for a coach.

If you want to go through the situation at other teams be my guest. I’m concerned with Nebraska.

Anyway, I don’t think WR is leaving so it was pretty much a throwaway comment.
It’s a foolish comment, and it’s even more foolish to decide we are somehow going to put higher standards on our program than others are. Its also kind of misguided to think a player is staying or leaving because of his head coach. It’s more about playing time and teammates. If you want an example of that, read how Brook was deciding if he should transfer or not, and how much Aaron Graham had to do with his staying. Teammates have a bigger impact than warm fuzzies with a head coach.

Kentucky QB Terry Wilson's entered the portal. Frost recruited him to Oregon before he left for UCF. Wilson verbally committed to Oregon on December 1, 2015, the day Frost got the job at UCF.

After one season at Oregon, he transferred to Garden City, KS Community College and spent a season there before transferring to Kentucky before the 2018 season. I seem to recall some speculation/debate on this board after Frost got hired that Wilson might have been a JUCO target for Nebraska before he transferred to Kentucky.

If Frost wants a QB from the portal, Wilson's available.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back