• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer portal Speculation

We got a huge piece back with Domann, he was basically telling everyone he was gone. Mills, Honas, and one of the safeties are must haves to come back. I was under the impression Mills already told everyone he was leaving, but sounds like it's not definite yet. Stille would be the other one that would be nice to have back, but we can manage without him if it doesn't go our way.

What do you think happened with Domann to turn that around? Bad taste in his mouth from the way things went so far and he just wanted to come back for another run? Coaches talked him into coming back? Maybe got feedback that his draft status wasn't where it needed to be and he wanted another shot to see if he could make a bigger impact?

I'm thrilled beyond belief that he's coming back. That's a huge lift for the defense. Hopefully some more of the dudes you mentioned come back, too.

We got a huge piece back with Domann, he was basically telling everyone he was gone. Mills, Honas, and one of the safeties are must haves to come back. I was under the impression Mills already told everyone he was leaving, but sounds like it's not definite yet. Stille would be the other one that would be nice to have back, but we can manage without him if it doesn't go our way.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm kind over the Deontai Williams experience. The missed tackles and poor form got old after a while. I'm fine with Dismuke staying but I'd rather see Farmer at this point.

What do you think happened with Domann to turn that around? Bad taste in his mouth from the way things went so far and he just wanted to come back for another run? Coaches talked him into coming back? Maybe got feedback that his draft status wasn't where it needed to be and he wanted another shot to see if he could make a bigger impact?

I'm thrilled beyond belief that he's coming back. That's a huge lift for the defense. Hopefully some more of the dudes you mentioned come back, too.
He got word on draft status. He could have made a roster as UDFA but wants to get a draft contract.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm kind over the Deontai Williams experience. The missed tackles and poor form got old after a while. I'm fine with Dismuke staying but I'd rather see Farmer at this point.
I agree...Williams was a disappointment this year. His tackling was atrocious. I suspect he spent more time trying to decapitate the opponent as compared to making a fundamentally sound tackle. He graded out near the bottom of the list of starters for tackling. I too prefer Dismuke, who really improved year over year, especially in run support. But as SOS stated, there are depth concerns at safety, so I'd prefer to have both back with the hopes that Fish can reign Williams in a bit, while maintaining that intensity.

Well if Dismuke stays, then you got him, Farmer, Pola-Gates, Gifford, and the incoming guys. It's not bad depth, especially with Farmer looking pretty good before his injury.
Lots of potential,but lots of UNPROVEN depth. That is the concern.

Last edited:

Dismuke and Farmer is all you really got except freshmen. That worries me.
Lots of potential,but lots of UNPROVEN depth. That is the concern.

True, but that's where we were headed into this season. If Dismuke comes back, and with Farmer getting some solid PT this year, that's not a bad starting point. Hopefully there's a nonconference season in 2021 so guys can work out the kinks.

Agreed. Move on to a youngster and go from there. Rather see a new guy make a mistake and learn from it than a senior make a mistake over and over again.

lol well that's why I made the comment. Where we are heading into the 2021 season.
I’m cracking up here with my Husker buddies thinking we’re so stocked that we don’t want one of our starting safeties back. We’ll manage if they don’t return, but we would be very fortunate if we get them both back. There’s just not enough depth there unless we hit the transfer portal.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back