• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfer portal Speculation

Under normal circumstances I would completely agree with you. But given our offensive struggles (to put it kindly) if the staff doesn’t get this kid ready to contribute next season then the pitchfork crew will be marching outside of Memorial by week two. There’s just too much going against this staff and the football program to fail to get this talent on the field next season. I don’t normally make those kind of statements, but I really think it’s true under the circumstances.
I agree with your assessment...but then I ask...

Is it worth it to burn a year if in fact he isn't ready when we don't have a QB who can deliver a consistent ball that isn't a swing pass or bubble screen?

Last edited:

I agree with your assessment...but then I ask...

Is it worth it to burn a year if in fact he isn't ready when we don't have a QB who can deliver a consistent ball that isn't a swing pass or bubble screen?

Wait a minute.....

Are you saying we have a quarterback who can consistently throw a swing pass of bubble screen?

I swear I thought I saw all the games this year, buuuuttt....

Fidone is truly different. I don’t typically predict much time for freshman, but there are few like him in the entire country, regardless of age or experience. It will be a failure if he doesn’t play significant minutes.

I remember people saying the same thing about Greg Bell, Keem Green, Omar Manning...I will believe Fidone is an impact player when I see him on the field against other big ten players. And sometimes even great players take a year or two before they adjust to the speed of the college game. I certainly hope he is an impact player next year but I won't be surprised if he isn't.

I remember people saying the same thing about Greg Bell, Keem Green, Omar Manning...I will believe Fidone is an impact player when I see him on the field against other big ten players. And sometimes even great players take a year or two before they adjust to the speed of the college game. I certainly hope he is an impact player next year but I won't be surprised if he isn't.
Apples to oranges. But I understand the caution as a fan.

Fidone is the top TE is the nation. He had better contribute right away. Short of an injury, he will.

Wait a minute.....

Are you saying we have a quarterback who can consistently throw a swing pass of bubble screen?

I swear I thought I saw all the games this year, buuuuttt....
Well, to be fair, those were the only passes we completed this year, so I had little to work with. But thank you for supporting my argument about burning one of Fidone's years of eligibility. ;):Biggrin:

Fidone is the top TE is the nation. He had better contribute right away. Short of an injury, he will.

And we better have a quarterback that is ready to get him the ball often and “within” his catching radius!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

I'm totally sick of hearing our freshman aren't ready!!! :mad: Saw many excellent freshman (play makers) playing on many other teams. Time to get some of our BEST freshman skill position to contribute next season because we're going to need them. TICK TOCK TICK TOCK... o_O

Last edited:
I'm totally sick of hearing our freshman aren't ready!!! :mad: Saw many excellent freshman (play makers) playing on many other teams. Time to get some of our BEST freshman skill position to contribute next season because we're going to need them. TICK TOCK TICK TOCK... o_O
We’ve played quite a few freshmen under this staff. They’re not afraid to play young guys. I have no doubt about Fidone. He’ll play. Don’t sweat it. :thumbsup:

We’ve played quite a few freshmen under this staff. They’re not afraid to play young guys. I have no doubt about Fidone. He’ll play. Don’t sweat it. :thumbsup:
I know we did but what happened to all those young receivers, RB's... Sure didn't give them many minutes? seems like we played lineman because we had little choice? Just saying....

I know we did but what happened to all those young receivers, RB's... Sure didn't give them many minutes? seems like we played lineman because we had little choice? Just saying....
Robinson, Betts, and Fleming played as Freshman receivers. Robinson started and was featured as a playmaker and never looked back. Point being, they’re not shy about putting the young guys out there. They view Fidone as a playmaker at TE, similarly to how they viewed Robinson as a playmaker at WR. He’s going to play, and he’s going to help this offense.

Robinson, Betts, and Fleming played as Freshman receivers. Robinson started and was featured as a playmaker and never looked back. Point being, they’re not shy about putting the young guys out there. They view Fidone as a playmaker at TE, similarly to how they viewed Robinson as a playmaker at WR. He’s going to play, and he’s going to help this offense.
Yep they played but didn't understand why someone like Betts didn't play a lot more? Robinson is probably our most dynamic offensive player right now. He's the real deal and think he should be used very sparingly as a RB. I'm just hoping we're going to see more WR's like Robinson playing this coming season. I believe the talent is there to beat anyone in our division but there's a lot to fix in the off season. I was very surprised at our D which turned into the strength of the team imo. I still contend without a quality QB that can make plays and not turn the ball over we're going to continue to struggle. AM's the best we have right now but don't believe he's going to provide a breakout season. Hope I'm wrong.

We got a huge piece back with Domann, he was basically telling everyone he was gone. Mills, Honas, and one of the safeties are must haves to come back. I was under the impression Mills already told everyone he was leaving, but sounds like it's not definite yet. Stille would be the other one that would be nice to have back, but we can manage without him if it doesn't go our way.

We got a huge piece back with Domann, he was basically telling everyone he was gone. Mills, Honas, and one of the safeties are must haves to come back. I was under the impression Mills already told everyone he was leaving, but sounds like it's not definite yet. Stille would be the other one that would be nice to have back, but we can manage without him if it doesn't go our way.

I thought Mills showed up on the roster of one of the Sr Bowls? Maybe just a placeholder for him?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back