• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prayers and positive vibes appreciated

Prayers continue for you my friend! Prayers for healing and that it will not get worse and that you are in the road to recovery.
Lifting you up in prayer Alabama Husker. . When we went thru it the only mistake I made was being impatient. The 11 days of fevers were killing the virus, but annoying. When I gave myself permission to just rest and take as long as I needed to get well, it was relaxing. The first week symptoms were the worst. Running out of shows on Netflix was sad. I lost five pounds. Was hoping for 15.
But... I can now eat horseradish by the pound and don't mind spicy food anymore.
God is good and hope you find this struggle a time of reflection, rest and growth. Prayers sent.
And people who aren't normally friendly get really nice. There's that.
Blessings. GBR

Last edited:
How is your wife doing ? Hope all is well
She is improving daily; thanks for asking. Among other things, it's good that she's fully able to communicate with the staff; now that they see her sense of humor and caring spirit, she's getting a little better care. She's off the feeding tube and eating soft foods now. She's also breathing room air now (no oxygen needed!) and her trach hole is healing up.

HBP
And if I’m being honest I need to lose about 20 to 25 pounds.

My wife had moderately high BP (wasn't taking anything for it) and (shhh...) was carrying a few extra pounds also. Additionally, she and her twin both have some degree of autoimmune issues (a type of arthritis where the immune system goes in overdrive and attacks the body). There's evidence that the autoimmune issues can make COVID extremely serious (which obviously happened with my wife).

So... DRINK THE TEA!!!

Wife and I have both been on the Covid weight loss plan. I lost about 20 lb (from 10 days of Covid, then not eating from stress of having her in the ICU, etc.). She's happy that she's lost (at least) 40 lb (being on a liquid diet for 2 months will do that).

HBP
And if I’m being honest I need to lose about 20 to 25 pounds.

So Less than 60, but overweight/obese.

Simply being overweight (just about everybody who isn't on meth in America) is a risk factor.

JMO, but I think thats why the mortality rates have been so low in Asia and Africa, where obesity (and concomitant comorbidities) is much less rampant.

I'm sure you will do fine. Vit C, D and Zinc. Trouble can happen on days 6-7-8, if it's going to.

She is improving daily; thanks for asking. Among other things, it's good that she's fully able to communicate with the staff; now that they see her sense of humor and caring spirit, she's getting a little better care. She's off the feeding tube and eating soft foods now. She's also breathing room air now (no oxygen needed!) and her trach hole is healing up.
You each have obviously been touched by the good lord and the legion of prayers from husker nation.

You each have obviously been touched by the good lord and the legion of prayers from husker nation.

Quick update: Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts; it is much appreciated!

We are a week into this now and other than fatigue and a lingering cough, it seems much better than when it started last Monday. Melanie and the kids got tested today, so hopefully it skips on by them.

As I mentioned to a buddy, it is truly insane how this impacts folks so differently. It would make a great movie if it wasn’t so dang real....

GBR

Quick update: Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts; it is much appreciated!

We are a week into this now and other than fatigue and a lingering cough, it seems much better than when it started last Monday. Melanie and the kids got tested today, so hopefully it skips on by them.

As I mentioned to a buddy, it is truly insane how this impacts folks so differently. It would make a great movie if it wasn’t so dang real....

GBR

Wishing you a speedy recovery and thinking positive thoughts for your family too. Please keep us posted.
It certainly is unpredictable in how and who it affects. I lost a good friend on Thanksgiving to Covid. He was 50, no underlying conditions, and was in good physical condition. Everyone was shocked. His case is an exception. My fiance's sister and brother in law both had it and have high blood pressure and extremely overweight and they were barely affected. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

I lost a good friend on Thanksgiving to Covid. He was 50, no underlying conditions, and was in good physical condition. Everyone was shocked. His case is an exception.

Sorry to hear about your friend berry. :(

My fiance's sister and brother in law both had it and have high blood pressure and extremely overweight and they were barely affected.

It's just crazy how this virus affects different people. :Smile:

GBR
good to hear your doing better now, i tested positive on christmas eve and had symptoms since the Saturday before that. so far i have been extremely fortunate that my symptoms have been very mild. Just an intermittent cough, fatigue and nausea (first week only). So far only the fatigue has been a consistent symptom.

good to hear your doing better now, i tested positive on christmas eve and had symptoms since the Saturday before that. so far i have been extremely fortunate that my symptoms have been very mild. Just an intermittent cough, fatigue and nausea (first week only). So far only the fatigue has been a consistent symptom.

Prayers for you to get through this okay, MiniDisk. :Smile:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back