• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why a permanent Creighton thread in Husker forum?

• Thread starter Deleted member 278
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

There's literally been a Creighton thread for years in the hoops forum.

Why is it suddenly bothering some posters today?
'

I never said anything about it but it has annoyed me for years. It like a permanent Hawkeye thread on the football board. Admittedly, part of it is I hate Creighton basketball (I'd root for Iowa against them) but it's just odd to have a permanent thread dedicated to one of the chief rivals of the team to whom the board is targeted. It's not a massive deal but it is kind of bizarre. I think it's more appropriate for an "Other Teams" sub-forum.

If I wanted to read about Crayton sports teams I'd find their website. Certainly don't need non-Husker items on a Husker website. I have a personal interest in some sports at Wayne State. Wayne State is a NE school so if Crayton is included on this site I'm hopeful I'll be able to add some discussion about Wayne State. However, I doubt that's what Husker fans want to see on HuskerMax.

This thread makes TWO CU threads in the bball forum and has already generated more action than the "official" thread. :Lol:

Probably best to let this one die and sink to page 2 and beyond so as to not soil page 1.

You've created an extra thread to discuss Creighton. The Jays weren't getting nearly the attention today that you've managed to produce.

That doesn’t address the point. This is a Husker forum. Another top basketball program doesn’t belong here.

Someone cries about it every year. Tango dislikes me rather intensely though so this thread isn't a surprise.

You think much too highly of yourself. This has nothing to do with you. This is completely about a developing Husker basketball program. Another top basketball program has no place in this forum and you all know it.

This thread makes TWO CU threads in the bball forum and has already generated more action than the "official" thread. :Lol:

Probably best to let this one die and sink to page 2 and beyond so as to not soil page 1.

Nice try at deflection. This thread isn’t about Creighton basketball, as much as you might like it to be. This thread is about Nebraska basketball. What is another top basketball program doing on the Husker basketball forum?

I never said anything about it but it has annoyed me for years. It like a permanent Hawkeye thread on the football board. Admittedly, part of it is I hate Creighton basketball (I'd root for Iowa against them) but it's just odd to have a permanent thread dedicated to one of the chief rivals of the team to whom the board is targeted. It's not a massive deal but it is kind of bizarre. I think it's more appropriate for an "Other Teams" sub-forum.

I guess it's never bothered me. I'm not a Jays fan, but when they are in the tournament (and Nebraska isn't), I will root them on. When they play my Huskers, that's the one day I will wish death upon the Jays.

Sure, if Creighton talk was pushing recent Nebraska discussions to page two, I'd have an issue with that. But that's really never the case.

FWIW, the Creighton threads existed before there was even an Other Teams sub-forum. A lot of those forums didn't exist 10 years ago. Regardless, if anyone is bothered by it, it's best to take it up with the site owner. A thread expressing displeasure is not likely to be seen nor acted upon by the powers-that-be.

You think much too highly of yourself. This has nothing to do with you. This is completely about a developing Husker basketball program. Another top basketball program has no place in this forum and you all know it.
"Another"? Did I miss something? ;)

LONG ago it was agreed that 1 thread in the bball forum was fine (rather than a new one for every game). This has been the case for I don't know how many years. Even with the renewed interest in NU basketball the forum is rather lightly attended. It's EASY to not click on it. But you'll also notice that several people do participate that probably wouldn't if it was buried somewhere else. A CU thread in that forum certainly has ZERO impact on "developing husker basketball". All good basketball in the state is good for the development of basketball IN the state which is good for NU...i mean if we want to credit threads in BBS forums for developing anything (which they don't).

Lighten up, Francis.

Formo used to have a Minnesota Gophers football thread on the football forum.

Im not sure what point you are trying to make but I think you just made my point. We can say Creighton used to have a prominent place on the Husker basketball forum in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back