• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Holding Calls

Unfortunately pal the only stat that counts is 1-4 and a pathetic 10-19. Rileyesque numbers OUCH

Reactions: Pal

Yet we sure get a good amount of holding called on us, and it is often at critical times such as the one on Friday that erased AM's 30-yard run and ruined a promising drive.

Our D-Line isn't so bad that they never get held. Come on Big 10, be better.
I’m not saying it’s not crap that our opponents haven’t been called for a hold. But to be fair, every time I saw a call on us this year I felt like it was legit.

I’m not saying it’s not crap that our opponents haven’t been called for a hold. But to be fair, every time I saw a call on us this year I felt like it was legit.
Agreed. It's not so much that the calls against us are bad or wrong. It's more that we never get ANY holding calls.

This makes me so flipping angry. Some day we will be good again and I will relish every moment of us beating the hell out of these B1G jerks.

Unfortunately pal the only stat that counts is 1-4 and a pathetic 10-19. Rileyesque numbers OUCH

That stat isn't likely to get any better until the officiating allows us to succeed by calling penalties fairly. You remember "Remember the Titans", don't you?

That stat isn't likely to get any better until the officiating allows us to succeed by calling penalties fairly. You remember "Remember the Titans", don't you?
Pal if you think penalties are the reason for this train wreck I've got beachfront property for sale in Nebraska dirt cheap

No one is sayin
Pal if you think penalties are the reason for this train wreck I've got beachfront property for sale in Nebraska dirt cheap
No one is saying this. But regardless of how bad we are playing this is a very questionable stat. To deny that fact by you is not at all surprising.

While I sort of agree with your statement, to say that some penalties have not cost us ball games would be an inaccurate I believe.

You could have the 95 team out there but if the officials let the opponent get away with holding, PI, or whatever else, they aren’t going to win much either.

It's definitely part of the reason, chief.
That plus inferior coaching, lack of discipline and fear of failure. Other than that everything is rosy
You could have the 95 team out there but if the officials let the opponent get away with holding, PI, or whatever else, they aren’t going to win much either.
This team is far from a few missed plays of being good though

That plus inferior coaching, lack of discipline and fear of failure. Other than that everything is rosy

This team is far from a few missed plays of being good though

Killer deep dive on the team's issues - Sparky!:Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back