• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"Pretend season"

I wonder if John Cook could offer any words of wisdom to SF. Not so much about football, but about what it takes to build a team in Lincoln.

Never took this season seriously, and rightfully so if you ask me. It's been a pretend season since the get go.

Best just to get it in our rear view mirror and move on.
When you are an athlete at a D1 level there is no such thing as a pretend season or game. That is just a way to feel better about what has gone on so far. Every single team in college football prepared the best they could to win every single game they played. That is how these guys are wired.

Never took this season seriously, and rightfully so if you ask me. It's been a pretend season since the get go.

Best just to get it in our rear view mirror and move on.
Disagree completely. Every rep is an opportunity to improve. And everyone is competing on a level playing field. We’ve actually been more fortunate than others in terms of virus impact. There’s nothing pretend about this season.

Disagree completely. Every rep is an opportunity to improve. And everyone is competing on a level playing field. We’ve actually been more fortunate than others in terms of virus impact. There’s nothing pretend about this season.

Yes what you say is true. I knew my remark would garner dissent. I am a great lover of the intense, grand, somewhat over the top atmosphere of college football. The passion and sheer numbers is amazing. All of that is absent this year and that is what drives my "pretend" remarks.

Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson, Ohio St. and numerous other teams seem to believe this is a real - albeit different and unique - season.

folks seem to be pretending that 10-0, 10-0, 5-0 & 9-1 are equal & constitute a playoff worthy foursome.

While I agree that no decisions on Frost's tenure was going to be based on this year . . . I think it's wrong to think it didn't count/matter. Getting a mulligan because it was once-in-a-lifetime crapshow of a year doesn't mean the powers that be aren't watching how the team performed and responded and if the same problems were evident.

IMHO, Frost's seat is on medium-high going into 2021 and that's a make or break season for him to get the offense turned around. Another losing record because of an offense that can't get out of its own way (much less hold up its end of the bargain) and I don't know that he can make it to 2022. I think everyone was fine with it taking awhile to right the ship . . . but most expected the ship to at least be out of dry dock by year 3. It's been far uglier on the offensive side of the ball than I'm sure anyone imagined it could be.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back