• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some ideas for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get paid millions to be a Coach. Nor am I writing I'm more versed.

play.

Here's what I think , my opinion , what Frost and his staff should do .

Fix fix work the O-line. No offense work's well without good O-line . That's a whole other post .The importance Is obvious.

Implement a Georgia southern style option for the running game. ( Next year). It would compliment the passing. It shouldn't be hard? They need some creativity. I like they're implementing more Single wing. I saw a bit today .

Bulk up number 1 . Robinson Is the best back they have. By far. Make him the primary back 70 percent of the time. He needs 10 , 15 pounds on him. He by far is the best back when he's back there.

Emphasize stopping the run. Good effort today but from this point on, stop the run first defense.

One thing that could be improved without an upgrade in talent is special teams -- especially the return and coverage teams. It's just ridiculous how many free yards we gave up to Iowa yesterday, and we've been doing it all season long (and indeed throughout HCSF's tenure). It's one of the many attention-to-detail tasks that this coaching staff can't seem to handle.

If we could upgrade our special teams from the present level of hot-steaming-garbage to mere mediocrity, it would be a huge improvement that could change some of those close losses into close wins.

I don't get paid millions to be a Coach. Nor am I writing I'm more versed.

play.

Here's what I think , my opinion , what Frost and his staff should do .

Fix fix work the O-line. No offense work's well without good O-line . That's a whole other post .The importance Is obvious.

Implement a Georgia southern style option for the running game. ( Next year). It would compliment the passing. It shouldn't be hard? They need some creativity. I like they're implementing more Single wing. I saw a bit today .

Bulk up number 1 . Robinson Is the best back they have. By far. Make him the primary back 70 percent of the time. He needs 10 , 15 pounds on him. He by far is the best back when he's back there.

Emphasize stopping the run. Good effort today but from this point on, stop the run first defense.

My ideas:

1. Fire Austin (sorry 3 years of poor starts by the OL have doomed our seasons). We have the talent to do the job on the OL and he simply isn't getting it done
2. Add a role for an HBack/FB and move Jurgens there. Drop about 20 lbs and he's a force there (and not snapping anymore)
3. Use that role to add more power and do some Malzahn style power off of this offense. We can't develop and use QB's and don't have the WR's to run the offense the way Frost wanted initially. Do something we CAN do. The Malzahn comp is better, IMO as it's closer to what Frost does already

Defense:
1. Let Chin go. I don't mind the 3-4, but we need someone who's been in the B10 and who can do the job
2. Look for someone who's been coaching in that Wiscy 3-4 and give them the shot to turn it around

Overall, Frost should be concerned here. Too many fixable things aren't getting fixed and talent is flat out being wasted due to coaching. Both of the above take things we already do and allow us to do them better, IMO

This won't be popular, but if Frost can't do it, go flat out evil and hire someone like Bielema. We aren't Arkansas and we can do Wiscy better than Wiscy does Wiscy I think

Last edited:
I suppose I’m just confused how we put Georgia Southern concepts into an offense that doesn’t have those concepts or rules. And then have our coaches who don’t know that offense teach them.

Id be really concerned if Frost came out in Georgia Southerns offense. Would be time to move on and buy him out.

You really don't think a coach like Frost couldn't implement option concepts ? He already has the base idea being a QB at a university that ran one third their offense as option . I saw him at UCF simulate the GT triple option in practice? So he obviously knows the concepts? It's not rocket science I'm not sure your point.

Wow that's so complicated.

Last edited:
So to explain it better to make sense to some people. I'm saying scrap the non existent running game they have.

Replace it with something like what Georgia Southern does. Frost likes gimmicks? It would spice up the running game which has been non existent scince Ozigbo left.

Last edited:

I suppose I’m just confused how we put Georgia Southern concepts into an offense that doesn’t have those concepts or rules. And then have our coaches who don’t know that offense teach them.

Id be really concerned if Frost came out in Georgia Southerns offense. Would be time to move on and buy him out.

It's easy. Frost just pauses the game. Goes to the options menu and selects the Ga Southern playbook. Then unpause and the players instantly know how to run the offence.
#easports #itsinthegame

2 things I would do....finish off this year playing the young guys as much as possible. This gets them game experience and also let's them see how other BIG teams perform physically etc....should be a wake up call for them if nothing else.
2...I would start actually "coaching" the players during practices (ie...make corrections and run plays again and again until they perfect them). I don't like the coaching off of the taped plays in a review session. I don't think Osborne, Parcells, Bill Snyder did this who are pretty top HC so why does Scott think this is the most effective way to coach. Try doing it the way these guys did it for the rest of this season and then through next year and I think this would help tremendously.

One of those "I'm a Nebraska fan and I know nothing about how a football program operates, but here's how to fix it" thread.

One of those I have nothing to contribute but hateraide so I crap on someone's post.

I mean aren't forums supposed to be about discussing ideas ? Or for being a troll ?

Thanks for the wasted space bud LMAO

Last edited:
It's easy. Frost just pauses the game. Goes to the options menu and selects the Ga Southern playbook. Then unpause and the players instantly know how to run the offence.
#easports #itsinthegame

I see a professional troll. Gee thanks appreciate the interest. Lol. Hey go troll someone else post's? You have so much to contribute don't you?Lol

So what do you think will fix the problem ? Trolling other people's post's cause you have no ideas of you own? That's like so productive .

It seems you're miserable with your life.

Perhaps get one.

Last edited:
Funny for types who are saying it can't be done or too complicated . I guess no progress would ever be made if people where too short sighted to make changes.

Don't tell team's like LSU who changed their whole offense from one year to the next . A complete overhaul. In a few years the won a national championship.

A whole list of coaches including people like Osborne who made changes during the off season.

What winner's seem to do. Innovation.

Last edited:

Interesting thought get someone in the Wisconsin D a chance at DC. Or maybe get pittsburgh coach and have him come back as DC? Ran some pretty good defenses back in the day. Pittsburgh is a tough place to be a HC.

I see a professional troll. Gee thanks appreciate the interest. Lol. Hey go troll someone else post's? You have so much to contribute don't you?Lol

So what do you think will fix the problem ? Trolling other people's post's cause you have no ideas of you own? That's like so productive .

It seems you're miserable with your life.

Perhaps get one.
With all of your ideas on how to improve the offense I am guessing you must have coached college football in the past? Explaining to the rest of us how easy it is to take parts of all these offenses and implement them into Frost's offense. Can we get the Byron Leftwich offense from Marshall added and maybe the Troy Davis package from Iowa State? You know, the offense where you throw it 70 times and also hand off to the same guy 46 times? That's gotta work.

Sometimes just think before you hit 'post reply' or start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back