• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So you’re Scott Frost....

For me, it would be Duval, the S&C coach. The lack of agility across the team is astounding. And I fear that those who are still agile will lose it under Duval’s tutelage.
But then you have guys like Stille, Ty Robinson, and Casey Rogers who have just turned into beasts.

As I’ve mentioned before, I consider Zach a friend, but something he’s doing with the front 7 on defense is working, yet failing our skill position players. Have to find a way to get away from the old Husker Power program where all the players do the same workouts.

I believe we need a wr coach... a real offensive coordinator... a real special teams coach.... as far as existing coaches... probably Austin... honestly I would love to have Bill Callahan back as our line coach or someone off of his coaching tree.... he was a poor head coach but a heck of a line coach imo...

lets be honest. Greg Austin is likely not the one insisting on sticking with a center who can't snap the ball. he definitely could coach better, but the o-linemen not being strong enough in the B1G despite being highly rated is not necessarily all his fault.
Frost could fire him and hire Bill Callahan, but Bill can't make wide receivers get separation. Bill can't make the quarterback throw with proper timing. Bill can't force all players to prepare well during the week, instead of complaining about poor preparation after the fact.

I know it's mostly tounge in cheek but just a little dose of reality....Matt Campbell isn't taking the Nebraska job.

I will play since my name is Scott, lol. First, I YELL at the players, I tell the team to shut the doors and have at it, no coaches, just players to settle their grievance. Then I get all the coaches together and tell them they have 3 games left to get their resume ready. They either perform or they are looking for work January 1st. The time for coddling is over and it is just time to have that come to Jesus meeting.
Hell, my name is Scott, so I get my day in court. :Biggrin: Agree with sentiment.

Last edited:

I know it's mostly tounge in cheek but just a little dose of reality....Matt Campbell isn't taking the Nebraska job.
That’s what I’ve heard. I don’t know the guy and none in my circle are close to him, but rumors are that he absolutely loves Iowa State and it would be very, very hard for anyone to pry him away.

That’s what I’ve heard. I don’t know the guy and none in my circle are close to him, but rumors are that he absolutely loves Iowa State and it would be very, very hard for anyone to pry him away.
If true, that’s good and shows his loyalty and appreciation to the school. They have treated him well and he has created a winning culture. He is paid very well. Rock Star in the state of Iowa. He’s a heck of a coach for sure. I’m a little jealous.

Last edited:
Replace Austin and/or Held with the OL Line Coach and RB Coach at Buffalo. Buffalo had a RB rush for 400+ yards and 8 TDs today. His backup ran for 97 yards and 2 TDs. They are now 4-0, are averaging about 50 points per game, and have scored at least 42 points every game.

Who is it? Frost. He announces his retirement.
Why? See 3 year record.
Replaced by? Matt Campbell.
Matt Campbell would not come to Lincoln because he would consider it a step down from Ames, as sad as that is to say. Unless we threw MEGA-BUCKS at him.

For me, it would be Duval, the S&C coach. The lack of agility across the team is astounding. And I fear that those who are still agile will lose it under Duval’s tutelage.
This! I am getting very concerned about our "S&C" program.....

1A Duval

1B Duval

1C Duval

Antiquated program needs to be sunsetted along with the professor.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back