• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Same old, same old....but different today...

johnrr6

Lucky!
5 Year Member
same ”stuff”
High snaps
big plays nullified by penalties
A crucial turnover at EXACTLY the worst moment
zero pass blocking when we needed it most
and a head coach making a really dumb, immature comment during the after game presser

Yet today was.....different....in a good way.

the FIRST game I have heard the pads really POP...we played PHYSICAL today! We hit hard all game against a team that prides itself on physicality. We matched them...Big 10 style...blow for blow.

I know we lost and it stings but I am strangely not as perturbed as that loss to Illinois.

This team can literally beat anyone in the league if they can master their demons with the snakebit crap and the coach matures.

And they had their chances today. The young kids are coming along. I liked the QB shuffling, we stretched the field for the first time. Passing was better....we outrushed them and outpassed them.

Everyone predicted us being bullied and overwhelmed today. Hell the Press is obsessed with anti Nebraska, it’s the IN thing right now and unfortunately Scott just payed into it. That is NOT what happened today.

This team will win the last two games and the final.....calling it now.

I do see that too..if there is anything good today we brought the wood.. physical for 4 quarters. They'll be feeling it the following week. I loved win loose draw when you played Nebraska , you will feel it the next week. I did like that.

In that respect I think they turned the corner.

Last edited:
Except that tandem trailer full of mistakes, missed tackles, penalties, decisions, play calling still needs to make that corner.
I will say that the offenses first drive of the second half did show they can over come these issues.

Last edited:

The defense played hard today. We match up well with Iowa because their offense is not that explosive. We focused on shutting down the run and taking our chances with their passing, which was the right thing to do.

Purdue is a much different - and worse - matchup for our defense. I doubt we hold Purdue to 26.

The defense played hard today. We match up well with Iowa because their offense is not that explosive. We focused on shutting down the run and taking our chances with their passing, which was the right thing to do.

Purdue is a much different - and worse - matchup for our defense. I doubt we hold Purdue to 26.

Agree. I thought the defense held up very well today considering the field position Iowa had for most of the day. They consistently get put in tough spots.....

The pads were popping but I am still waiting to see Williams and Dismuke actually wrap up on a tackle the way they are Hitting they will both need shoulder surgery when this year ends

At some point, it would be nice to talk about the things we did wrong while managing to win!
I hear ya brother....

somehow I think every contributor to this board feels EXACTLY the same.

I just think this team is on the very verge...just seem so damn close....

the continuing crap will solve itself...we are DUE.

What has been constantly missing for the last 5 years is Nebraska playing Hard Nosed Big 10 Style Physical Football.

I saw we can do that today...and I think the team did as well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back