• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I've seen the best of NU and now i think we are seeing the worst

bolt4

Recruit
2 Year Member
I'm in my early 40's so i guess i am lucky enough to say ive seen the best of Nebraska in the 90's, maybe the best ever, to now seeing the worst of Nebraska. I guess the good news is at least NU isn't getting destroyed by iowa like they were under riley, (blood bath). But this is as low as ive seen Nebraska, they have forgotten how to win, even when they tookthe lead I had no confidence that this team was going to win. The sad news is its not just one thing, its........everything. Nebraska played pretty good defense unlike last week, but still just cannot find a way to win. I hope Scott can turn it around but is it strength and conditioning, need a new DC, maybe a new OC? I really just dont know where to start, I don't know the stats but im sure Nebraska is near the bottom in everything from offense to defense

It’s become almost comical. Almost.
There have been plenty of times I wanted to laugh, not because anything is funny, just the absurdity of it all. Like the last play of the game. They have a chance, and of course there's a poor block leading to a turnover to seal it. Just as we've come to expect.

There have been plenty of times I wanted to laugh, not because anything is funny, just the absurdity of it all. Like the last play of the game. They have a chance, and of course there's a poor block leading to a turnover to seal it. Just as we've come to expect.
"Poor block" would imply Farniok actually put his hands on the defender.... looked like he had TRex arms on that play

"Poor block" would imply Farniok actually put his hands on the defender.... looked like he had TRex arms on that play
I know Jaimes is regarded as our best O-Linemen, but the missed open field block on the Brown carry cost us 4 points as we ended up kicking a field goal on that drive. Our problem is that we rarely have all 11 players execute on the same play.

It’s become almost comical. Almost.
Clown show.....
200.gif

Last edited:
I know Jaimes is regarded as our best O-Linemen, but the missed open field block on the Brown carry cost us 4 points as we ended up kicking a field goal on that drive. Our problem is that we rarely have all 11 players execute on the same play.
Forgive me please,but I am glad this year’s embarrassment of a season is almost over.So disappointing to see how bad we look after three years of this staff.Keep the faith.GBR.

Forgive me please,but I am glad this year’s embarrassment of a season is almost over.So disappointing to see how bad we look after three years of this staff.Keep the faith.GBR.
If lack of Covid outbreaks allow it, we've still got 3 games left. I'll admit this season has been disappointing, but I'd like to see this team finish the season fighting with some improvement in execution.

Here I thought the reason we lost was because of our implosion such as the holding call on AM2 runs that went for 30 yards or the dropped punt that was recovered by the Iowa chickens...silly me.

Here I thought the reason we lost was because of our implosion such as the holding call on AM2 runs that went for 30 yards or the dropped punt that was recovered by the Iowa chickens...silly me.
The dropped punt was inexcusable, but if that was a holding then every team in college football holds every play.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back