• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Simplistic Thought...

Hopeful Husker

Recruit
2 Year Member
After going back and watching today's game (and prior games) and seeing everything that occurred...is it too simplistic of a thought that if we could get an o-line to be able to execute their blocks correctly and snap accurately we would have more W's in the column? Yes we need to clean up special teams and some areas on defense still -- but I can't help but think if we had better o-line performance that it would give us at least a 1-2 possession advantage.

So w/that, would you say are troubles are related to talent, strength, or coaching? I'm just gets old seeing the same result week after week for this o-line.
I'm as baffled as anyone else.

I don't understand the snow patrol getting the lion's share of snaps at WR.

I don't understand how Rahmir Johnson only gets a carry or two a game with The starter out...not to mention some other highly touted rbs. RB is a position that a young guy should be able to make some noise at. But it doesn't matter much with the Oline sucking as bad as they do.

It all starts up front so I suppose the first fingers I point are at Frost (he can demand Jurgens and Farniok ride pine), Austin for obvious reasons and maybe S&C. Austin is fired after the last whistle of the season if I'm Frost. The OL futility is beyond acceptable.

Last edited:

It’s all simplistic our offense would improve drastically with better oline play. But if the qb could push the ball deep early it would help the line as well. In my opinion I would move farniok to center and Jurgens to guard. It would suite each player better farniok needs help he’s feet are to slow for guard.

IMO, the OL was clearly better in the second half of last year. Given that we had everyone back, there's no excuse for us not being at least that good.

Sorry, Austin's had 3 seasons where the OL struggled for the first 4-5 games. The talent is there, but we need a coach who can get it done.

Last edited:
So w/that, would you say are troubles are related to talent, strength, or coaching? I'm just gets old seeing the same result week after week for this o-line.
I think the problem with the O line is they are young I believe we are starting 2 freshman and and a Sophomore

IMO, the OL was clearly better in the second half of last year. Given that we had everyone back, there's no excuse for us not being at least that good.

Sorry, Austin's had 3 seasons where the OL struggled for the first 4-5 games. The talent is there, but we need a coach who can get it done.

I think that is where I'm leaning. While I want to see the coaches succeed and I had initially thought Austin to be up and coming, there's been no significant progress that would keep me from thinking there needs to be a change - especially since him being the running game coach this year should have helped (and it hasn't..).

After going back and watching today's game (and prior games) and seeing everything that occurred...is it too simplistic of a thought that if we could get an o-line to be able to execute their blocks correctly and snap accurately we would have more W's in the column? Yes we need to clean up special teams and some areas on defense still -- but I can't help but think if we had better o-line performance that it would give us at least a 1-2 possession advantage.
I give this post a BINGO!!! watching DL's running "free" to stuff a play 3-4 yards in our backfield is obviously a whiff somewhere - it has happened regularly in every game primarily on the right side - something isn't right and the junior / senior leadership doesn't appear to be there. Tad Stryker brought up some excellent points in his column but I think the O-line struggles hurt us the most. The D-Line (except for Illinois) has given me reason to be optimistic (still missing the stud pass rushers) for the future - O-line - not so much.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back