• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Delancey

Kids from this region are accustomed to seeing us routinely lose to Big Ten West teams and big recruiting battles have become a 50/50 proposition now. Where we seem to still have an advantage is our name helping get us in the door with highly rated kids out of region. But it often seems like we end up with kids that have talent but have been passed over by recruiting powers in their own region for whatever reason.

Looking at our backfield defensive pass stats, we are mediocre, but do well in preventing scores.
Also, thats in the confines of our defensive system, where scoring, or, stopping them is higher criteria.

Only other offers out of HS:
Louisville
Florida International
Florida Atlantic
Kent State

Not a big loss in my opinion. Wandale entering the portal would be concerning. A non contributor, BYE! Don’t need plays in the program that tweet negatively during games. Locker room killer.

If you're certain this isn't a trend ...

Yeah, a few of us PMed earlier about him....won't be good but what can you do? I guess win...
By itself, the losses probably don’t cause the mass exodus. But losing + COVID likely make the Nebraska winters seem that much colder and the grass starts looking greener

I wouldnt be suprised if most schools are losing a couple more than usual this yr. The portal makes it easier, and the way this last 9 months has played out, has been much more stressful than a usual yr, on everyone, including kids along way from home 4 the 1st time

Kids from this region are accustomed to seeing us routinely lose to Big Ten West teams and big recruiting battles have become a 50/50 proposition now. Where we seem to still have an advantage is our name helping get us in the door with highly rated kids out of region. But it often seems like we end up with kids that have talent but have been passed over by recruiting powers in their own region for whatever reason.
Not sure how much our name helps us outside of the region when Nebraska hasn’t been very relevant in any of these recruits’ lifetimes.

I wouldnt be suprised if most schools are losing a couple more than usual this yr. The portal makes it easier, and the way this last 9 months has played out, has been much more stressful than a usual yr, on everyone, including kids along way from home 4 the 1st time

I think we've seen that's the case. However, when you're a team like Nebraska who seems to be digging a deeper hole, it hurts a heckuva lot more.

Transfer portal:
-This year is a freebie: No loss of eligibility (Covid)
-Facing a long Nebraska winter with nothing but S&C and ZOOM school for "comfort"
-"Your" coaches may or may not be here in 2021 or after 2021 if you follow "social media" so why should you (the player) stay.
-Domino effect: when one player says "its time to leave" then it makes it seem more like a good idea to others who are not sure whether to stay or go.
-No bowl game: extra practices and a bowl game are fun, going to school and S&C; not so much. So if we go 1-7 and no bowl: Portal door will swing wide, wide open.

So, lots going on for the current players regarding the transfer portal.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back