• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU worked so hard to save the season for this?

It just doesn't look good when we bark about not playing football then fall flat on our face once we do. Nebraska football is becoming a joke nationally. I'm not saying that to be negative, its just a brutal fact right now.

I am glad we played though. As ugly as it has been, these players need playing time for this to get any better.

Last edited:

In looking for a positive, everyone will be back next year (excepting portal transfers). Perhaps after another year of practice everyone will figure out their responsibilities and hold themselves personally accountable to execute. In general, we are still a young team. I think our squad benefits from another year of workouts more than most others. Of course, I thought this was our to make that leap, so what do I know.

watching CFB & DONU win or lose FAR exceeds no football at all...

the continual angst & hyperbole ... #facepalm - OMG, starting to sound like a Jill Harbaugh slumber party in here. :O O::Biggrin:
Lots of hand wringing going on. My favorite is people getting spun up about stuff that doesn't matter at all.

Remember when we were pissed about players growing mustaches? Yeah, that was fun.

I'm very happy we have Husker football, even if it isn't going particularly well.

Lots of hand wringing going on. My favorite is people getting spun up about stuff that doesn't matter at all.

Remember when we were pissed about players growing mustaches? Yeah, that was fun.

I'm very happy we have Husker football, even if it isn't going particularly well.
Exactly where I'm at for this season, hence my "Everyone..." thread. Do I wish we would have won a few more games? Definitely. Just glad that our boys wanted to play, and got that chance.

Sprinkles for everyone wanting to play.........
Yaaaay!!!!!

I am certainly glad that we had the opportunity but that doesn’t diminish the ridiculousness that is same crap different day that we’ve all seen.......

Frost is coaching his players with a 90's Husker attitude (or, for you kids out there -- like Ryan Day is coaching his Buckeyes). Problem is, the players are not geared for that, or ready for it. To put it another way, how many of our players would start at OhSU? Not just physically, but mentally as well. The foundation is gradually being set (with many do-overs), but we (and he) are finding out that he can't just plug-n-play his system like he did at UCF.

Frost is coaching his players with a 90's Husker attitude (or, for you kids out there -- like Ryan Day is coaching his Buckeyes). Problem is, the players are not geared for that, or ready for it. To put it another way, how many of our players would start at OhSU? Not just physically, but mentally as well. The foundation is gradually being set (with many do-overs), but we (and he) are finding out that he can't just plug-n-play his system like he did at UCF.

Valid

UCF was the poster child for lightning in a bottle..

At 1-4, I would rather that the season had been cancelled. All the talk about the team being so united and focused has not translated to the field. We are looking at a 1- or 2-win season here.
Completely separate issues. The B1G’s handling of the whole Covid situation was wrong and bad.

We were right to fight that. Our results on the field are what they are. It is better to play this season, even if we were to lose every game than not to have played at all.

Last edited:

Completely separate issues. The B1G’s handling of the whole Covid situation was wrong and bad.

We were right to fight that. Our results on the field are what they are. It is better to play this season, even if we were to lose every game than not to have played at all.
No doubt the Big 10 screwed up royally, and if Ohio St. has any more cancelled games, then the conference's ineptness may cost them a playoff spot.

In principle, playing is the right and noble thing to do. I just can't help but think though that more damage has been done to the program, team, and coaching staff with the way things have played out. It would just be nice if the program that publicly called out the conference and had players' families suing the conference could actually win a few games when the season gets restored.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back