• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Reason for the snapping issues? Ferentz disagrees.

Outstanding. If 70k were in the stands, apparently there would be less distractions for our center to concern himself with. Proof positive we’re playing chess while the opposition is playing checkers.

I would expect a coach to deny cheating, regardless of how small the infraction.

I think a better question would be to ask Ferentz whether his staff was approached by the refs about the offense. Either the refs discussed the problem with Ferentz or they didn’t.

The video provided above clearly shows the clapping on one play. the only question is whether it was done specifically to throw off the timing.

Those who think this couldn’t possibly impact the location of the snap are not thinking things through. If you are the center and you know you’re QB is still in his pre-snap read but all of the sudden you hear the snap signal, that could definitely take you by surprise and cause you to rush the snap thinking you are already late. We would have to hear Jurgen’s explanation to know what the problem was.

Last edited:
I saw it on one play when the camera was zoomed out and right over Iowa's sideline. A guy I believe dressed all in grey clapping loudly. You could hear it over the broadcast. He was parallel to our QB's position behind the line of scrimmage. Bush league just like MSU from years ago.

I would expect a coach to deny cheating, regardless of how small the infraction.

I think a better question would be to ask Ferentz whether his staff was approached by the refs about the offense. Either the refs discussed the problem with Ferentz or they didn’t.
They did, he admitted that. But he says they weren’t doing anything. And let’s be honest, if their clapping makes us snap it 5 yards over our QB head or to his feet, that’s a different issue. We’ve had snapping issues all year.

They did, he admitted that. But he says they weren’t doing anything. And let’s be honest, if their clapping makes us snap it 5 yards over our QB head or to his feet, that’s a different issue. We’ve had snapping issues all year.

We have had some location issues this year. But today we added timing issues. I’m not certain Frost is blaming every low or high snap on clapping. However, I think he did assess that some of the errors were caused by the false signal from the sidelines. I wasn’t there so I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he’s talking about. I realize people aren’t happy with progress, but we don’t have to pile on every little thing.

I seem to remember some other coach doing that to us in the past. In that situation, they had defensive players simulate the count by clapping in the defensive backfield. They defended it by saying that’s how they signal their defense. I don’t recall which team it was that pulled that schtick.

Bottom line is, if Ferentz wasn’t trying to simulate the snap, why not just say, yeah, we do a lot of clapping and I can see how that might be misconstrued. No need to get defensive unless you’re embarrassed of just a douche.

Somehow, they apparently managed to finish coaching the game without clapping.

I seem to remember some other coach doing that to us in the past. In that situation, they had defensive players simulate the count by clapping in the defensive backfield. They defended it by saying that’s how they signal their defense. I don’t recall which team it was that pulled that schtick.
I think it was Michigan State, but I won't put money on it.

I saw it on one play when the camera was zoomed out and right over Iowa's sideline. A guy I believe dressed all in grey clapping loudly. You could hear it over the broadcast. He was parallel to our QB's position behind the line of scrimmage. Bush league just like MSU from years ago.
Was it this guy?

1606525558116.jpeg

It happens because you allow it, Scott. No other reason whatsoever.

Exactly. We tolerate it and there are no repercussions.

BTW dunno if anyone mentioned this -- along the same lines, Reimer should have had his helmet pulled after that ridiculous cheap shot and sent to the locker room. You know the injury the next play was retaliation and he deserved it. He's lucky he didn't leave the game on a stretcher.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back