• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Delancey

Encouraged but not sure it really matters. We are losing guys at an alarming rate.
Well, except for the obvious ones when Frost and Co 1st got here, it has been almost all Floridians since.....and the WR from WA who needed to get closer to home due to illness.

Only other offers out of HS:
Louisville
Florida International
Florida Atlantic
Kent State

Not a big loss in my opinion. Wandale entering the portal would be concerning. A non contributor, BYE! Don’t need plays in the program that tweet negatively during games. Locker room killer.
Every.Single.Transfer. (except Spielman) has been a HUGE NON-CONTRIBUTOR.......a FR leaving (Florida 4) opens up 4 schollies for 4 new FR. Maybe that kid committed to NDSU?????

Well, except for the obvious ones when Frost and Co 1st got here, it has been almost all Floridians since.....and the WR from WA who needed to get closer to home due to illness.
That’s pretty telling to me. Maybe putting to much stock in the hudl films of these guys without getting to know them and if they can handle adversity.

I hear ya. Getting tough sleddin with transition class, Florida kids, there’s been a lot.
Again, saving grace is they all, for the most part, were non-contributing true FR....heck, 3 left before the season...so they will just be replaced by.....true FR! Just sits the position(s) back a year but if all our DB's come back next year, it isn't as big as a deal as if it was a "normal" year. Though I realize it may just close Florida off to NU, and that may be by our staff's choice.

Again, saving grace is they all, for the most part, were non-contributing true FR....heck, 3 left before the season...so they will just be replaced by.....true FR! Just sits the position(s) back a year but if all our DB's come back next year, it isn't as big as a deal as if it was a "normal" year. Though I realize it may just close Florida off to NU, and that may be by our staff's choice.
67 players on the current roster from outside of the Big Ten footprint (states without a Big Ten school), 16 on Iowa’s roster. 7 wins in 8 years, do they know something Nebraska doesn’t?

You can:
LOL
Say they are "non contributing FR"
Say:"its not a normal year"

But its hard to build a program when you experience more than 35% loss in each of your first three recruiting classes.
Add to that the normal kids who don't develop into starters or stay the full 4/5 years and it gets pretty hard to have the numbers to compete in the BIG or anywhere in P5.

If S&C is to work, people have to stay here awhile ya know :).

GBR

67 players on the current roster from outside of the Big Ten footprint (states without a Big Ten school), 16 on Iowa’s roster. 7 wins in 8 years, do they know something Nebraska doesn’t?
Yes they do, and I think Frost is slowly learning that. It’s a different type of kid from the Midwest than the coasts. Plus we are a long way from home.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back