• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Delancey

Okay. Well crap - hate to lose a recruit and definitely not a good look...however I will say that if a recruit is willing to voice his displeasure (whether right or wrong) publicly on twitter, that's not someone that I would be fighting to keep.
He’s not a recruit he’s a current player on the team.

Only other offers out of HS:
Louisville
Florida International
Florida Atlantic
Kent State

Not a big loss in my opinion. Wandale entering the portal would be concerning. A non contributor, BYE! Don’t need plays in the program that tweet negatively during games. Locker room killer.

You can laugh all you want. But he was here for 4 months? Not going to cry about this one. Not a 5* talent. Not enough good enough to see the field during a year where we are awful. You think it’s worth coddling kids to keep them around? You’re okay with players tweeting negatively during games? How do we not know that Frost didn’t cut him? Nebraska will survive losing him.

Encouraged but not sure it really matters. We are losing guys at an alarming rate.
Fair enough. We still have a lot of young guys, though. 44 freshmen and sophomores on the travel roster today. But we need to do better about the guys we take, and figure out how to keep them. Unfortunately, the new transfer portal makes things much easier for guys to quit if they face adversity. It used to be harder.

You can laugh all you want. But he was here for 4 months? Not going to cry about this one. Not a 5* talent. Not enough good enough to see the field during a year where we are awful. You think it’s worth coddling kids to keep them around? You’re okay with players tweeting negatively during games? How do we not know that Frost didn’t cut him? Nebraska will survive losing him.
Not sure I said any of these things. But I appreciate your passion.

The transfers are not from guys sitting on bench for years. It freshman. Too many promises on recruiting trail? Just grabbing the highest rated player instead of getting guys that fit program? Too many transfers even with poor record.

Fair enough. We still have a lot of young guys, though. 44 freshmen and sophomores on the travel roster today. But we need to do better about the guys we take, and figure out how to keep them. Unfortunately, the new transfer portal makes things much easier for guys to quit if they face adversity. It used to be harder.
And I think they need to do a much better job of vetting the guys they’re offering. Pretty hard to accurately vet 350 plus recruits each year.

For sure, I just hate the “we are young” rhetoric in year 3 when we are yet to win anything. Be young while you aren’t making bowl games. Further, we will continue to be young if we don’t hang on to guys. We literally couldn’t even get to our max 85 scholarship number for the 2020 season due to guys leaving. So we will continue to always be young if people don’t stick around.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back