• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost

I think that might be a good thing. The expectations have been unrealistic for over a decade and just throwing money at the problem isn’t working. The fans are not going to keep spending money on this product. It isn’t even fair to ask them to.

Holding onto the past has not served us well at all.
I definitely agree it's time to cut bait with 90s memes. Blackshirts needs to die, "tradition of excellence" needs to go, yada yada

We need to create a new culture.

And if I hear "But Tom Osborne didn't win more than 10 games until his 9th year" one more time, I'm going to lose it. There is NOTHING about our team that is even remotely comparable to the Osborne era. Let's stop conflating the two!

I don't think any Husker fan thinks that we can aspire to excellence anytime soon. We would accept just being good.

Yes. They need to let it collapse or force SF to make changes.

I can appreciate your reasoning but I’m not so sure if Coach Frost will be receptive to being forced to make changes. As for letting it collapse I’m not so sure if 10-19 isn’t the bottom but I guess it could possibly be worse....

Nebraska needs to mortgage the future before it’s too late and send Moos to Ames Iowa with a blank check and spend whatever it takes to get the guy that has wins over BOTH Oklahoma and Texas this year. I can only imagine the success Coach Campbell would have with the resources he’d have at his disposal in Lincoln. And I’d even be okay with him bringing his entire staff with him too!
And then hire Eric Crouch to coach quarterbacks. And get Mack Brown to come consult. And hire Will Muschamp.

When I was in college at West Texas A&M, we had a really good D2 coach. I worked in Sports Information so I was on the sidelines occasionally. I watched a player fumble a punt and when he came off, the coach said “you’re a disgrace. You do that again, you’ll lose your scholarship”. :oops:

The bad thing about being a coach is, no matter what you do, there is some yokel who will “have something to say about it.” Last week, a fan called him out for not attacking the refs for the egregious backwards pass call. This week another set of fans is complaining that he called a ref out because of a missed false start call.

I don't think any Husker fan thinks that we can aspire to excellence anytime soon. We would accept just being good.
Biggest misconception out there. “Nebraska’s fans are stuck in the 90’s”.... rabble rabble Rabble
The landscape is much different than it was and Tom Osborne is ridding off into the sunset. I never dreamed of cornhusker football approaching anything close to the success Nebraska achieved in the 90’s while watching the 70’s and 80’s play out. Why would I or any other fan with any intelligence think that is or should be the norm. It’s more ridiculous to think that is the general mind set than an individual To actually have that mindset.
However, the complete ineptitude of the team the last decade is far from an acceptable level. We all know it and so does the naysayers that are gritty with pleasure watching the night Cornhuskers struggle...

Steve Taylor lays the discipline issues on Frost. He is responsible for choosing which players to recruit and take, and responsible for the coaching by his staff.

And then hire Eric Crouch to coach quarterbacks. And get Mack Brown to come consult. And hire Will Muschamp.

Wow and here I quit believing in Santa Klaus years ago but here you are bearing gifts! Thank you, but I only had Coach Campbell on my wish list!
There’s still 26 days til Christmas so I‘ll be dropping my letter in the mail to the North Pole to remind you!

Merry Christmas Mr Klaus you’re the best!

Wow and here I quit believing in Santa Klaus years ago but here you are bearing gifts! Thank you, but I only had Coach Campbell on my wish list!
There’s still 26 days til Christmas so I‘ll be dropping my letter in the mail to the North Pole to remind you!

Merry Christmas Mr Klaus you’re the best!
T’is the season! Will someone please wish for a winning season?? :Santa:

I definitely agree it's time to cut bait with 90s memes. Blackshirts needs to die, "tradition of excellence" needs to go, yada yada

We need to create a new culture.

And if I hear "But Tom Osborne didn't win more than 10 games until his 9th year" one more time, I'm going to lose it. There is NOTHING about our team that is even remotely comparable to the Osborne era. Let's stop conflating the two!

:rolleyes:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back