• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @ Iowa Game Thread (11/27/20)

faulting AM on our final play is simply irrational.

Some folks vitriol for the staff is clouding their reality. FDS - Frost Derangement Syndrome, (also Frank, Bill, Bo & Mike variants) is preventing factual discourse and evaluation.

The D was great, Special Teams have a ways to go. 2AM played very well (so did LM), another close loss sucks, & despite a number of errors, still had a chance at the end, just like @NW. This mini season/scrimmages have been valuable learning & evaluation experiences IMO.

The other kudos beside our defense goes to Connor Culp. It's a shame his very solid reliability in field goals has thus far meant very little, but he's been a huge step up from the garbage of last season.

Offense, offense, offense. That's why we suck. Frost came with a promise of offense, and it has not been delivered.

I do t think we were out coached on this one. A muffed punt and holding calls are not in the coaches. Frost called a good game and the D was playing hard

Where I think we get "outcoached" is in the accountability part and this has been happening for quite a while in Bo's later years to now. When a player keeps making the same mistakes, they aren't held accountable. Jurgens for example should be on a super short leash with bad snaps, Farniok had several whiffs and he kept coming out there. If you noticed all of a sudden Jurgens snapped it pretty good in the 2nd half. He is a good blocker. That's my biggest issue on this coaching staff. I'm not talking about pulling after one mistake, but Farniok's footwork is horrible as is his balance and he's not athletic enough to over come any of it. He actually played center better than guard.

SOS. We beat ourselves yet again. Penalties, turnovers, and QB's that can't see the whole field. I'm not superstitious, but there has to be a hex on us. We have an incredibly uncanny ability to take penalties at the absolute worst times.

faulting AM on our final play is simply irrational.

Some folks vitriol for the staff is clouding their reality. FDS - Frost Derangement Syndrome, (also Frank, Bill, Bo & Mike variants) is preventing factual discourse and evaluation.

The D was great, Special Teams have a ways to go. 2AM played very well (so did LM), another close loss sucks, & despite a number of errors, still had a chance at the end, just like @NW. This mini season/scrimmages have been valuable learning & evaluation experiences IMO.

this season is in fact a scrimmage and should be treated as such. I wish Smothers was involved in the scrimmage.

I'm not seeing FDS. I see way too many "ya know, I just got this feeling in my tummy tum that today is gonna be a great day! GBR!"

He's 1-4, and his teams always lose due to the same exact smorgasbord of mistakes, at the least clutch times.

There's NO indication we're going to be better than 5-7 under Frost, and if anything, I think there's ample evidence the bottom isn't even in.

I wish I was only dreaming. This entire team needs to get their act together. I thought the O-line was supposed to be the best we have had in a while? Not so! They stunk it up pretty good today. Defense held up fairly well considering the circumstances. Wonder what Logan Smothers has to offer?

Huskers need a hammer at running back Mills is sorely missed. Can’t ask the offensive line to pass block all day. Very young football team at the skill positions defense played well enough to win. They came to play today and YES there is improvement. When you can’t run the ball with a running back it’s tough on the offense. Iowa made ZERO mistakes and was easily the difference today.

They threw the one interception

Frost is going to have to revamp the offense. It’s not working. Why can’t we run what Frost ran at Nebraska? These guys are better at throwing so mix in some more passing than what Frost did. Seems it would fit personnel a bit better.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back