• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Watching Iowa State play

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
You can just sense, see, the players believe they should win. Whether they win this game against Texas or not, I like the way they play. Tough. They have some attitude. Just the effort alone on the WR to get hit and the 5, and spin and stagger into the end zone was just effort. Not talent. Their 2* players play well above their God given abilities, and that comes down to coaching and development.

Even "good" teams aren't immune from stupid penalties.

1. Iowa State defense held so Texas attempted a 47 yard FG but missed. Flag on the play. Cyclone defender had lined up in the framework of the center, so 5 yard penalty and another shot at a FG, this time from 42 yards. FG good. Instead of 10-7 Texas, the second chance allows the Longhorns to increase their lead to 13-7.

2. Iowa State offense had ball 2nd & goal from the 2. Cyclones have the nation's leading rusher per the announcers. Flag on the play. False start, 5 yard penalty. Now 2nd & goal from the 7. Texas stuffs the play. 3rd & goal from the 7, Texas blitzes and forces and early throw (incomplete). Cyclones settle for a FG, cutting the Texas lead to 13-10, instead of running it in from the 2 and possibly taking the lead.

I hardly ever watch Iowa State. Nothing else was on at the time, though. In the @15 minutes I watched, I saw those 2 ugly penalties.

Glad to see the Cyclones -- really, any team -- beat Texas. Wouldn't it be ironic if Texas fires Tom Herman and then hires Matt Campbell.

Last edited:
It happens yes. But they keep it minimal on the norm. They just believe they are going to win. Half the battle. Campbell is a helluva coach.
Exactly right. And whether we want to admit it or not, our players and coaches (and fans) seem to expect to lose.

When we went up 20-13, I figured we had a chance but was nowhere close to expecting a win.

Exactly right. And whether we want to admit it or not, our players and coaches (and fans) seem to expect to lose.

When we went up 20-13, I figured we had a chance but was nowhere close to expecting a win.
And this, alone, is 2/3 the battle. There are players there.

You can just sense, see, the players believe they should win. Whether they win this game against Texas or not, I like the way they play. Tough. They have some attitude. Just the effort alone on the WR to get hit and the 5, and spin and stagger into the end zone was just effort. Not talent. Their 2* players play well above their God given abilities, and that comes down to coaching and development.
And playing in the basketball on grass Big 12

And? I assume you means it takes time.

3-9...to 8-5 in year two. At Iowa bleeping state. Frost isn't a pimple on Campbell's azz.
simply stating a fact, year 5, his players in place, apples & oranges to me.... have take your word on the condition of MC's rear acne.

Paul Rhoads went 7-6 in year ONE. At Iowa bleeping state

there were threads suggesting he replace Bo ... because 7 or 8 wins at a place like that (or Corvalis) equal domination at a place like Lincoln... I've heard that tune a lot, a favorite of the arm chair QB's & blue sweater vest crowd - IF only McDermott could coach football

simply stating a fact, year 5, his players in place, apples & oranges to me.... have take your word on the condition of MC's rear acne.

Paul Rhoads went 7-6 in year ONE. At Iowa bleeping state

there were threads suggesting he replace Bo ... because 7 or 8 wins at a place like that (or Corvalis) equal domination at a place like Lincoln... I've heard that tune a lot, a favorite of the arm chair QB's & blue sweater vest crowd - IF only McDermott could coach football
If he could CU Football would be kicking Nebraska's tail in football too.

MC's 5th year in Ames...
1606522393346.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back