• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Kamado Joe

Squatchsker

All American
15 Year Member
So, I finally pulled the trigger. Really good deal on Amazon for the Classic II and cover bundle. Delivery is set for Monday. Yes, I am a little excited as I have not had a smoker for over a year and a half now. I am so ready to get back into it.

1605711625586.png

I got mine about 6 yrs ago. Love it. Get the iKamand to go with it for $150 or so. Just did a 17lb brisket for about 16 hrs without ever opening the lid.

I love it as well but I've found it's not as good for long cooks as far as getting good smoke. It's still amazing for wings, ribs, and whole chickens though.

Awesome! I have a couple of friends that love theirs. A good buddy has a rotisserie attachment and is going to use it for his Turkey this year.

All I have is a Weber, but I went ahead and bought one of those attachments for mine, and I'm gonna brine my bird and give it a try.

Last edited:

Awesome! I have a couple of friends that love theirs. A good buddy has a rotisserie attachment and is going to use it for his Turkey this year.

All I have is a Weber, but I went ahead and bought one of those attachments for mine, and I'm gonna brine my bird and give it a try.

Nems, a little tip for the turkey: sometimes when smoking chicken or turkey, the skin can get a little rubbery. While a lot of people say to wrap it in foil halfway through, I've found that taking it out and blasting it in the oven or airfryer for a few minutes at the end crisps up the skin.

Nems, a little tip for the turkey: sometimes when smoking chicken or turkey, the skin can get a little rubbery. While a lot of people say to wrap it in foil halfway through, I've found that taking it out and blasting it in the oven or airfryer for a few minutes at the end crisps up the skin.
I plan on doing the same thing with this as I did with my electric smoker for turkey.

Blast it with heavy smoke for about 4 hours on a real low temp. Then finishing in the Big Easy Turkey Fryer to seal in the juice and crisp the skin.

I love it as well but I've found it's not as good for long cooks as far as getting good smoke. It's still amazing for wings, ribs, and whole chickens though.
I have a bunch of mesquite left over from my electric, so those will be my chips for my first couple of smoking attempts.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back