• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Minnesota Wisconsin game in trouble

Nehunter88

Starter
5 Year Member
Minnesota has stopped practice over possible Covid case, so their game with Wisconsin may not happen this weekend.

To add to that we play them in less then 3 weeks, so any positive players Minnesota has would have to sit out our game on Dec 12th.

Maybe if half of the MN team isn't able to play the Huskers will have a very small chance of winning?
Would sure help if Morgan, Bateman, and Ibrahim were unable to play. Not that I'm wishing COVID infections on them.

Minnesota has stopped practice over possible Covid case, so their game with Wisconsin may not happen this weekend.

To add to that we play them in less then 3 weeks, so any positive players Minnesota has would have to sit out our game on Dec 12th.
Think what a huge story this would have been if Wisky had beaten NW and was still undefeated. If cancelled, this would be Wisky's 3rd missed game, which makes them ineligible for the Big 10 title game.

Whisky missing the title game would not hurt my feelings........

We need all the games we can get which in turn means practice so need so badly. Will be interesting to see if Minny plays down players or not

Think what a huge story this would have been if Wisky had beaten NW and was still undefeated. If cancelled, this would be Wisky's 3rd missed game, which makes them ineligible for the Big 10 title game.

Not so fast, my friend, lol.

Per the B1G Ten:

"A team must play at least six games to be considered for participation in the championship game. However, if the average number of conference games played by all teams falls below six, with the average rounded up/down at .50 (i.e. 6.50 or greater would round up to 7, 6.49 or less would round down to 6), then teams must play no less than two fewer conference games than the average number of conference games played by all teams (i.e. four games played if the conference average is six) to be considered."

Big Ten Conference

The 8 game regular season hasn't ended, so we don't know the average number of conference games played by all teams. Thus, Wisconsin is not yet eliminated solely by virtue of having played fewer than 6 games because of the exception to the general rule (see above). There could be more canceled games in the coming weeks that don't involve Wisconsin, affecting the average number of conference games played by all teams.

After week 5, there have been 62 conference games played by the 14 teams, which is an average of 4.4286 games played per team. *IF* Wisconsin had defeated Northwestern and the season ended today, 4.4286 would be rounded down to 4, so a team would need to have played two (2) games in order to be considered for the B1G Ten Championship. Wisconsin would have played 3 games (all victories) and gone to Indy as the West Division representative (best winning % in all conference games).

Hypotheticals aside, Northwestern is in the driver's seat in the West Division. Barring 2 upset losses and Wisconsin finishing 4-1 (and being eligible to be considered for Indy), the Wildcats will be playing in the 2020 B1G Ten Conference championship game. If NW somehow managed to lose all 3 remaining games...well, there are too many permutations to worry about.

"We will continue to rely on the guidance of our medical experts as we navigate the next several days. We are doing everything we possibly can to miss the fewest amount of days possible. Our goal is to be healthy enough and ready to compete on December 5 against Northwestern.”

h9oQD7D.png

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back