• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa Week Practice: Wednesday Zoom Presser

My opinion... start AM. He’s battle tested, got pulled after playing 2 undefeated teams. Play Luke in a package or two. It does give us the best chance to win. Need to up the RB carries and push the ball down the field. I think the defense will hold their own better this week but it’ll have to be 4 quarters if we want a chance

You know, come to think of it - I've only seen 1 game in the last 3 years where we looked like we really cared and really wanted the win and where we looked like we actually felt we could win and that was the OSU game in AM's 1st year. We outplayed and out wanted them, but just couldn't quite pull it off. Even Urban said on TV "that is the best 0-3 team in the country and one you don't really want to play". An he was effusive in his praise of AM (who he also recruited by the way). What the hell has happened since then? Did AM suddenly become a poor passer or more confused? Did all of our energy in that game just die away because we didn't win? If that's the case, then it is totally on the coaching staff in my opinion.

My opinion... start AM. He’s battle tested, got pulled after playing 2 undefeated teams. Play Luke in a package or two. It does give us the best chance to win. Need to up the RB carries and push the ball down the field. I think the defense will hold their own better this week but it’ll have to be 4 quarters if we want a chance
Totally agree buddy! AM played the much tougher teams and when he came in last week you could see the maturity in his face and his determination to lead us to aTD. Frost says he's "positive LM is the future here??? If I'm Smothers and I read that I'm hitting the portal for sure. I saw nothing in 2 games . I saw nothing in 2 games that make be believe LM will ever be anything more than "a potentially very good receiver - getting the ball in space" - certainly not a QB to lead a team down the field on a regular basis. He isn't a fun player to watch when it is him who has to have the ball in his hands on every play.

I remember reading something from Urban Meyer (and I'm not an avid fan of his but respect the results he gets) - "you are either coaching it - or you are condoning it". Get the message? The crap we see in games is because we are either "coaching it" or we are at worst, "condoning it".
Either way - it isn't a pretty picture.

You know, come to think of it - I've only seen 1 game in the last 3 years where we looked like we really cared and really wanted the win and where we looked like we actually felt we could win and that was the OSU game in AM's 1st year. We outplayed and out wanted them, but just couldn't quite pull it off. Even Urban said on TV "that is the best 0-3 team in the country and one you don't really want to play". An he was effusive in his praise of AM (who he also recruited by the way). What the hell has happened since then? Did AM suddenly become a poor passer or more confused? Did all of our energy in that game just die away because we didn't win? If that's the case, then it is totally on the coaching staff in my opinion.

Yes, they no longer care about winning. Good point.

I wonder how many of our current players and players in the last 4-5 years could survive a season's worth of practicing at OSU, AL, Clemson, Northwestern, OU, FL, WA, OR, USC - hell, even at NDSU in Fargo!!! Of course that's assuming they would even have ever had the opportunity. But we always hear that they were "also offered by many of them, but picked us for some reason". I remember a friend whose son played at USC under Carroll - he said guys like Reggie Bush competed every day as if their scholarship was on the line every single day and every single play in practice.

What the hell?? Didn't run their routes full speed last week? Think maybe that's been the case all along and why AM doesn't always seem to have his timing down with them too? Give me a break! Coaches get your heads out of your asses and if they are not running routes full speed - they don't suit up on Saturday - see how the little babies like that. Jesus - this isn't rocket science!!!!!!!!!!
Instead of "no block. no rock", "no full speed, we no need" Bye.

Oh and they will
I know it's too much to ask, but I would LOVE to see Frost come out in the I and 2 back sets all game. AM at QB, Luke as the 2nd back, Mills (healthy?) and Scott as the lead back. On D, pull out some crazy stuff like Bo against MSU. The DL stands up the whole game....Completely up end Iowa's game plan. If we have to go 2-6, be nice to get Iowa....

I wonder if Burkhead, Abdullah and the RB from NoCal (his name slips me - 300 yds against Mizzou) would have been recruited by this staff? I would hope so - but maybe not. Too bad because those guys competed every day and never seemed to take a day, a week or even a play off.

I wonder if Burkhead, Abdullah and the RB from NoCal (his name slips me - 300 yds against Mizzou) would have been recruited by this staff? I would hope so - but maybe not. Too bad because those guys competed every day and never seemed to take a day, a week or even a play off.

Roy Helu who had 307 yards rushing vs Mizzou

Roy Helu (sorry, got in late)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back