• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any Progress from the Offensive Line?

Does Frost's pace of play cause difficulty? Can our big guys handle it? The fast pace of play is a whole other topic, of which I think is a bad mistake with this group of players.

I know you’re in a bad mood and I get it. Starting two redshirt freshmen and a converted tight end. Yes they are young. Our two seniors suck and have for a long time. All our returning experience is bad. The defensive backfield that everyone touted is weak as hell.
I think its all coaching, Frost is gonna have to swallow a major piece of pride and revamp his staff in my opinion.

I think its all coaching, Frost is gonna have to swallow a major piece of pride and revamp his staff in my opinion.
I agree coaching is a huge part of it. Strength and conditioning, recruiting, QB development. I’m definitely not saying the youth is the only reason. I think *** thinks I was. Our defense is weak. We don’t attack or apply pressure. Our older players aren’t very good forcing a lot of guys who aren’t ready into action. I would definitely fire my defensive coaches and QB coach.

All I saw yesterday was O-lineman turning around to watch the ILL defense chasing our QB like a herd of cats after a mouse. They looked befuddled. That said, our D-line was getting pushed around like a Jr high team. 11/17 on third down conversion (1/1 on 4th down) from a team that was previously 110th in the NCAA in 3rd down conversion is sobering. Really thought maybe they had turned the corner a little but man we made the ILL players look like beasts.

Austin's just not getting it done, sorry to say. I hate to see former Huskers not pan out as coaches . . . but OL coach has to be right up there in terms of areas that need a shake-up. Too much confusion, missed assignments, standing around, etc.

At the end of the game yesterday, IL's four-man rush was killing us.

The excuses I hear are unbelievable. They are completely made up at this point. Are we young or have our guys that have started for 3 years under this staff (over 50% of our starters) not gotten better?
I could not agree more. The offensive line is a perfect example of our lack of development and poor results despite recruiting players that were highly ranked and highly sought by other solid programs.

This is all on the coaches and S&C staff.

I know you’re in a bad mood and I get it. Starting two redshirt freshmen and a converted tight end. Yes they are young. Our two seniors suck and have for a long time. All our returning experience is bad. The defensive backfield that everyone touted is weak as hell.
I have been saying for two years now that our defensive backfield, which many seem to think is our strength, is extremely weak. They never have learned to look for the ball or even turn their head. Also, the talk about experience returning to the line is bogus. If all the experience is bad then what good does it do to have them return. CAN ANYONE FIND ANY GROUP ON THIS TEAM THST HAD IMPROVED? I will wait the answer on that.

Last edited:
I have been saying for two years now that our defensive backfield, which many seem to think is our strength, is extremely weak. They never have learned to look for the ball or even turn their head. Also, the talk about experience returning to the line is bogus. If all the experience is bad then what good does it do to have them return. CAN ANYONE FIND ANY GROUP ON THIS TEAM THST HAD IMPROVED? I will wait the answer on that.
That’s my point also. If what we have coming back sucks who cares about their experience.

I could not agree more. The offensive line is a perfect example of our lack of development and poor results despite recruiting players that were highly ranked and highly sought by other solid programs.

This is all on the coaches and S&C staff.
People aren’t making excuses. They are giving opinions. Last week I had people arguing with me that McCaffrey is really good but the line sucks. He had time today and still horribly missed on two deep throws and didn’t see Betts running all alone behind the defense. My argument isn’t that the line is good but it’s not all on them. Play calling has been poor this season and QB is a very weak spot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back