• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Calling ***

alabamahusker

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
While I’m not suggesting that we fire anybody today, there are some folks that certainly don’t appear to be getting the job done.

So let’s hypothetically take a look at QB development and offensive production as a whole.

As we know, it’s been awful.

So my question *** et. al, if a position coaching change were to be made before the signing period, do you think it would really scare folks off who may have already been committed?
Especially since what they have seen if they’re paying attention at all is a absolute mess....

I guess the question really is what’s worse, the definition of insanity which is what we have seen all year from an offensive perspective, or the commitment to say we’re getting this crap fixed?

I don’t think we need sweeping changes. But I would like to see

New DC
New WRs coach
New QBs coach
New O-line coach

While I’m not suggesting that we fire anybody today, there are some folks that certainly don’t appear to be getting the job done.

So let’s hypothetically take a look at QB development and offensive production as a whole.

As we know, it’s been awful.

So my question *** et. al, if a position coaching change were to be made before the signing period, do you think it would really scare folks off who may have already been committed?
Especially since what they have seen if they’re paying attention at all is a absolute mess....

I guess the question really is what’s worse, the definition of insanity which is what we have seen all year from an offensive perspective, or the commitment to say we’re getting this crap fixed?
You won’t lose your QB recruit if you make a switch. If I’m Frost though and if Martinez transfers I’m probably offering Omaha Westsides QB immediately.

At the end of the day you have to make changes that are going to make your roster you have here improve. If we are relying on the 2021 recruting class to get us where we need to be we are in trouble.

I’m not advocating for a coaching switch FYI just answering your question.

Last edited:

You won’t lose your QB recruit if you make a switch. If I’m Frost though and if Martinez transfers I’m probably offering Omaha Westsides QB immediately.

At the end of the day you have to make changes that are going to make your roster you have here improve. If we are relying on the 2021 recruting class to get us where we need to be we are in trouble.
Yeah that kid is a gamer

I think I did a terrible job of asking my question right here though I definitely hear everything you just said.

Does your answer change if I say, are you more concerned if you’re an offensive recruit, skill position or otherwise, if there is no change to the coaching staff (excluding head coach)... or are you more concerned in what you are seeing currently and coming into what could easily be described as an absolute mess?

I think I did a terrible job of asking my question right here though I definitely hear everything you just said.

Does your answer change if I say, are you more concerned if you’re an offensive recruit, skill position or otherwise, if there is no change to the coaching staff (excluding head coach)... or are you more concerned in what you are seeing currently and coming into what could easily be described as an absolute mess?
That’s a good question. I think as a recruit you’re pretty concerned with what you see offensively. You are going to have to sign on the dotted line with either McCaffrey who isn’t polished as your QB or they give Martinez another go, either way there’s uncertainty. I think Frost could be served well making a staff change and telling the recruits “we werent good at this aspect which is what Coach X was responsible for, so we have that corrected now bringing in Coach Y.”

All I can tell you is recruits in the metro have been told “make sure you see some W’s so it’s not just lip service.” Another legacy always asks “do you think we are heading in the right direction” as his son is being recruited by Nebraska. Both of those things are scary to answer when looking at trajectory through the eyes of the recruit. It actually makes things a bit foolish when people said how much progress they’ve seen in a 52-17 defeat.

That is encouraging. I think. Lol.

I still do not know how we get rid of this pervasive softness that surrounds us. It has to make Frost sick to his stomach. It makes me sick to mine

That’s a good question. I think as a recruit you’re pretty concerned with what you see offensively. You are going to have to sign on the dotted line with either McCaffrey who isn’t polished as your QB or they give Martinez another go, either way there’s uncertainty. I think Frost could be served well making a staff change and telling the recruits “we werent good at this aspect which is what Coach X was responsible for, so we have that corrected now bringing in Coach Y.”

All I can tell you is recruits in the metro have been told “make sure you see some W’s so it’s not just lip service.” Another legacy always asks “do you think we are heading in the right direction” as his son is being recruited by Nebraska. Both of those things are scary to answer when looking at trajectory through the eyes of the recruit. It actually makes things a bit foolish when people said how much progress they’ve seen in a 52-17 defeat.

Absolutely
Thanks

That is encouraging. I think. Lol.

I still do not know how we get rid of this pervasive softness that surrounds us. It has to make Frost sick to his stomach. It makes me sick to mine
I honestly don’t think our players are soft. I think they do have major doubts they can win though. If I was in their position I would too. I frequently don’t think we’ve positioned them for success on the field.

There was a lot of progress in my house thanks to that defeat, as I got a lot of work done after turning the game off prior to halftime. Progress baby!

The players and coaches are more soft mentally than physically. Once anything goes wrong, the team completely unravels. The tone for yesterday's game was set in the first minute, and when Illinois scored easily on their second drive after we had tied the game, they were in complete control.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back