• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost needs to take a step back

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
And really evaluate what he is doing. So far, what he is doing is looking very bad for him. Time to swallow some pride, examine, and make any necessary changes. Right now, the Huskers are a joke and he’s in charge. After all his talk, bashing of former coaches, players, he looks rather silly, and I’d think when he looks in the mirror, he sees it. He isn’t any better than Riley was, and that right there, speaks volumes.

We all want him to succeed. I certainly do. NU has to start seeing some upward movement and it’s just not happening. Why? Scott needs to figure that out. Right now, all that’s happening is he is getting very rich. The buddy system is not flying well. He definitely needs some better asst coaches for sure. He can’t keep going like he is, nor can the U, it’s just not working. Firing him now isn’t the answer. It’s invested in this now. Nebraska looks terrible, I’m totally baffled.

The buddy system is not flying well. He definitely needs some better asst coaches for sure. He can’t keep going like he is, nor can the U, it’s just not working. Firing him now isn’t the answer. It’s invested in this now. Nebraska looks terrible, I’m totally baffled.
I suppose this comes up at least once in every coach's career: the question of loyalty to his staff or loyalty to the school/program. Once in a great while, you can afford both. I'd warrant that most of the time, you have to choose one or the other. Callahan chose his staff (Cosgrove) Riley chose the program (EIchorst.) Neither worked out well, so what to do.

IMO, Frost can't continue with the status quo. He has to do something after this season to show he's dedicated to making this work. I think he'd make a lot of people happy if he gave up playcalling, but I don't see that happening. Maybe as @Hville suggested in another thread, bring in a consultant or hire a full time special teams coach. Something to show he's willing to admit he's gone through some introspection and is willing to improve himself and his methods.

I suppose this comes up at least once in every coach's career: the question of loyalty to his staff or loyalty to the school/program. Once in a great while, you can afford both. I'd warrant that most of the time, you have to choose one or the other. Callahan chose his staff (Cosgrove) Riley chose the program (EIchorst.) Neither worked out well, so what to do.

IMO, Frost can't continue with the status quo. He has to do something after this season to show he's dedicated to making this work. I think he'd make a lot of people happy if he gave up playcalling, but I don't see that happening. Maybe as @Hville suggested in another thread, bring in a consultant or hire a full time special teams coach. Something to show he's willing to admit he's gone through some introspection and is willing to improve himself and his methods.
If he brings in a consultant, he looks even worse than he already does, given all the bashing he did when hired and shortly thereafter. While that’s a good idea, it would be seen nationally as Nebraska doesn’t know what’s going on. I don’t even know what the damn answers are, but status quo is off the tracks

Agree...

Last edited:
If he brings in a consultant, he looks even worse than he already does, given all the bashing he did when hired and shortly thereafter. While that’s a good idea, it would be seen nationally as Nebraska doesn’t know what’s going on. I don’t even know what the damn answers are, but status quo is off the tracks
Wouldn't hurt to swallow what little pride is left and seek outside help. Following your logic, it would have been a mistake for TO to bring in a team psychologist.

Last edited:

He has to get rid of most of his staff.Three years in,and we look as bad or worse than when he got here. We look absolutely lost.Embarrassing and frustrating.Trying to keep the faith.GBR.

Wouldn't hurt to swallow what little pride is left and seek outside help. Following your logic, it would have been a mistake for TO to bring in a team psychologiest.
That’s a bit different than Urban Meyer, or whatever ex coach, coming in here to tell the HC what the hell is wrong with his team. It would have a seriously bad look, I’ll tell you that. Hell, he has one of the greatest ever coaches right in his backyard.

Last edited:
He has to get rid of most of his staff.Three years in,and we look as bad or worse than when he got here. We look absolutely lost.Embarrassing and frustrating.Trying to keep the faith.GBR.
I'm inclined to think what is required is a major shift in philosophy. Change the schemes, not necessarily the staff.

That’s a bit different than Urban Meyer, or whatever ex coach, coming in here to tell the HC what the hell is wrong with his team. It would have a seriously bad look, I’ll tell you that.
I didn't mean to endorse Meyer, just the idea of a consultant.

Next year is make or break imo. If it goes this poorly I think the powers that be will begin the process of making a move at the end of 2021. Anything close to .500 and he's safe. 8 or more losses in year 4 and he's probably in big trouble. I really want to see him finish this year with 2-3 more wins but if yesterday was any indication I just can see it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back