• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mandalorian

So, for those who watched the season 2 premiere...

The character reveal/teaser at the end...is he or isn't he?

It was the same actor who played Jango Fett and the Clones. It has to be him.

On a side note, I liked how Timothy Olyphant essentially played his Deadwood character in Mandalorian armor.

Last edited:

On a side note, I liked how Timothy Olyphant essentially played his Deadwood character in Mandalorian armor.
Agree about Timothy.

Agree with your spoiler. Other obvious clues/coincidences suggest its him. Could just be the writers setting us up though.

I have read this could be the last season of the Mandalorian as we know it, with rumors of Pedro Pascal being a pain in the ass and wanting to play the part without the mask so much. As that is "the way", it seems like his request would have been impossible. Todays episode gives them a bit of an out, but it was filmed prior to the alleged dispute. Maybe this episode is what caused the dispute in the first place. Either way, this episode was pretty good and makes me look forward to the rest of the season much more.

Can you go back and watch season 1? I'd love to see this show. I don't have Disney, but we are considering it, and I'd like to start from the beginning with it.

Can you go back and watch season 1? I'd love to see this show. I don't have Disney, but we are considering it, and I'd like to start from the beginning with it.

Yes, season 1 is still out there. I would assume they will keep it there as the plan for Disney+ was to make "everything" in the Disney catalogue available, allegedly. Just don't go looking for Song of the South, it's buried in the vault under the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Wife made me a new covid mask today

20201114_204915.jpg

Watching Season 1 for the first time, so I haven't read much of the thread yet. I started Ep1 last year, and thought it was ok. But I'm in the middle of Ep 4 as of this post, and I really like this show. I know I'm slow to this party, but still... I was a huge Star Wars fan, but have been really disappointed in most things outside of the original trilogy.

This story within that universe actually feels right. One thing I want to ask, so far, is were those actual stormtroopers buddied-up with Werner Herzog, or were those his lackeys, but stormtrooper armor is cheap and plentiful in this post-Empire world?

Watching Season 1 for the first time, so I haven't read much of the thread yet. I started Ep1 last year, and thought it was ok. But I'm in the middle of Ep 4 as of this post, and I really like this show. I know I'm slow to this party, but still... I was a huge Star Wars fan, but have been really disappointed in most things outside of the original trilogy.

This story within that universe actually feels right. One thing I want to ask, so far, is were those actual stormtroopers buddied-up with Werner Herzog, or were those his lackeys, but stormtrooper armor is cheap and plentiful in this post-Empire world?

I think they were actual stormtroopers. Thus far in the story, there are remnants of the empire still trying to hang on to survive and thrive in the vacuum of power.

I think they were actual stormtroopers. Thus far in the story, there are remnants of the empire still trying to hang on to survive and thrive in the vacuum of power.
I just finished up season one, and yep, they were all apparently stormtroopers. I get it, but whatever. I think it would have added to the story about the galaxy being in flux, and the Empire disheveled if these were just mercenaries who had acquired random stormtrooper armor, like military surplus, battlefield gets, etc...

I just finished up season one, and yep, they were all apparently stormtroopers. I get it, but whatever. I think it would have added to the story about the galaxy being in flux, and the Empire disheveled if these were just mercenaries who had acquired random stormtrooper armor, like military surplus, battlefield gets, etc...
In all of the movies I've never seen an example where stormtroopers armour appears to work.:O O:

Or his Justified character.

I've noticed that these actor cameos are kind of cool; it's them playing one of their notable roles, but in the Star Wars universe.

Other examples:
Clancy Brown - Unstoppable muscle-demon (Star Wars)
The Kurgan (Highlander)

Timothy Olyphant - Marshal (Star Wars)
Marshal (Deadwood)
Marshal (Justified)

Gina Carano - Kick-ass no-nonsense warrior (Star Wars)
All her characters (Everything)

Giancarlo Esposito - Intimidating evil (yet awesome) Moff Gideon (Star Wars)
Intimidating evil (yet awesome) Gus Fring (Breaking Bad)

Carl Weathers - guy who has a "job" for the main character, but it isn't what it seems (Star Wars)
Dillion (Predator)

Werner Herzog - Creepy/Awesome mystery character (Star Wars)
Creepy/Awesome mystery character (Everything)

One I haven't seen a past-parallel with was Titus Welliver. He was the Imperial Captain of the ship full of stolen Mandalorian weapons (Star Wars), but the awesome Hieronymus Bosch (Bosch).

Any other bigger-celeb cameos I may have missed?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back