• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How much to pay out frosts contract?

I get the comment, but go look at Riley’s record and getting to a bowl game doing nothing that he wanted compared to what’s going on now at the same point having everything on your side with no restrictions. Not trying to say Riley greater than Scott but it’s getting tough to defend.

Yeah. But what Riley took over is a lot better than what Frost took over. I am saying this with a bit of trepidation as today there is some excuse. No Mills. True fr RB, fFr QB. I am with you but it IS getting tough to defend. If (mighty big if!) we beat Iowa then we can then say they were looking ahead to Iowa. Still no excuse. Not as bad as Okie St and Texas Tech under Callahan. But not far off.

Where do we go from here? Martinez as QB?

Illinois was 1-3 coming into the game and we made them look like a 4-0 team. The Illini had only a 3-second lead all season and the play-calling on our first possession in two games for LM have been plays that he could not succeed in. Put your QB in a position to succeed build confidence and quit being cute.

Yeah. But what Riley took over is a lot better than what Frost took over.
I'm not sure how true that is but in any case, Riley did better than Frost has so far (19-19, versus 10-18). If we judged Riley and Frost by the same standards, Moos would be out the door and Frost would be a dead man walking by now (which would be a huge mistake btw -- for sure Frost needs two more seasons to prove what he can do).

Yeah. But what Riley took over is a lot better than what Frost took over. I am saying this with a bit of trepidation as today there is some excuse. No Mills. True fr RB, fFr QB. I am with you but it IS getting tough to defend. If (mighty big if!) we beat Iowa then we can then say they were looking ahead to Iowa. Still no excuse. Not as bad as Okie St and Texas Tech under Callahan. But not far off.

I think Frost has to go back to Martinez for Iowa . . . and probably the rest of the season. Keep LM worked into the game plan like the OSU game. I was up for giving Luke a shot, but his passing is just weak and bad. Martinez wasn't setting the world on fire, either, but at least he can sling the ball with some authority downfield. LM just doesn't have the arm strength.

Today was just so bad on so many levels. I think Frost gets the COVID mulligan for sure . . . but if 2021 doesn't look completely different on offense, I think that may be the end of it. At some point (and it may already be starting if the rest of the season doesn't get better) Frost's recruiting will be a real challenge.

No. He thought the reason they lost to Stanford was they weren’t tough enough (which IMO wasn’t the case) so wanted Husker Power and there’s only Duval doing it anymore. The demise of Oregon was when they woke their linemen up at 3am and fed them protein shakes to put weight on them. Needed more mass. Sound familiar? Do you see him making any changes to the program and what would they be?

I will say this about Frost.....he wants it worse than us fans do.....and he has a plan....not sure if his loyalty to his asst's will be the death of him or not...and he knows if it doesn't work out here, he would be lucky to get a coaching job at Chadron State if he was fired/contract up.

I don’t know, whatever Frost took over we keep losing to inferior recruits (Minnesota, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois). Weren’t we 15 point favorites today?

That was the excuse first two years so just figured that it rolled into year 3 since we still have the same issues.
*** you are pretty logical and informed, tell the rest of us something to give us optimism. Anything you got, my dog hasn't come out from under my bed since our first play of the game.

This is easy for me to say but if I'm Frost....

I talk to McCaffrey and tell him his best shot at a football career is NOT at QB. He and his dad probably know this. From there acknowledge that LM is one of the true gamers on the team and make him an integral part of the offense.

Go back to Martinez for the rest of this year. Yes, i thought LM was their best chance to get wins but I was wrong.

This is essentially a throw away year at this point. Smothers is on campus...get him really dialed in on a small package of plays and get him a couple series a game and see what he can do with some live action.

He has to know next year year is winning record/bowl game or bust. Might as well set the stage now.

Last edited:

I talk to McCaffrey and tell him his best shot at a football career is NOT at QB. He and his dad probably know this. From there acknowledge that LM is one of the true gamers on the team and make him an integral part of the offense.

Go back to Martinez for the rest of this year. Yes, i thought LM was their best chance to get wins but I was wrong.

This is essentially a throw away year at this point. Smothers is on campus...get him really dialed in on a small package of plays and get him a couple series a game and see what he can do with some live action.

He has to know next year year is winning record/bowl game or bust. Might as well set the stage now.

I could be on board with this. I was on board with Luke too but we look lost.

AM and Luke and Mills in the same backfield would be nice

THIS. IMO more and more of the young guys need to start truly getting worked into the game plan on offense to get ready for next year. We are wasting crucial, real game development by continuing to trot out guys like Warner and Falck. Gotta get the ball in the hands of players like Betts, Fleming, and Brown. Somehow, someway.

I will say this about Frost.....he wants it worse than us fans do.....and he has a plan....not sure if his loyalty to his asst's will be the death of him or not...and he knows if it doesn't work out here, he would be lucky to get a coaching job at Chadron State if he was fired/contract up.

Agree about his love for Nebraska. Kind of thinking his stubborn streak about HIS way is something he is dealing with. (Like your post re: 'Tin Cup'! His long leash is to his benefit for this. Maybe he doesn't want to bother with basic football. It's only about his ideal.

Maybe he allowed the team to overlook IL cuz he thought he had that covered and the practices were more for the benefit of IA. I don't know what to think at this point.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back