• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So let’s tap the brakes a bit...

We run a sophisticated high brow offense, I’m happy with that. The recruits will come. ***been saying that for 2 decades and counting ***
Do you consider dink and dunk west coast style a high brow offense? The good teams run power with an occasional pass over the top.

FB_IMG_1606007246070.jpg

This is disappointing, but continuing to fire coaches every few years isn't going to help. I don't think people realize just how big a rebuild this is. We are a lower tier team, and we have been since 2015. We've had 2 years and 4 games, and we're ready to blow it up and start over again?

As painful as it is, we're going to have to wait this out a little longer.

This is disappointing, but continuing to fire coaches every few years isn't going to help. I don't think people realize just how big a rebuild this is. We are a lower tier team, and we have been since 2015. We've had 2 years and 4 games, and we're ready to blow it up and start over again?

As painful as it is, we're going to have to wait this out a little longer.
After 24-48 hours i don't think there will be a strong contingent looking to can Frost this year. But I think it's pretty clear that he'll be coaching for his job next year. Nobody can cry foul for letting a coach go who has 0 winning seasons out of 4.

Frost is going to get this done. We got hosed early and often by the stripes. Freshman QB with one game to his name. Don’t have our one and two deep RBs.
Yes, our defense sucks, and Frost will address this, though we may need a new coordinator.

We owe frost 5 or 6 years contractually; give him his time. We will get things going.
Agreed.

Year three is as messed up as this one has been and we are seeing quite a bit of young guys out there.

As far as our defense...you can't turn the ball over 5 times and hope to be able to make an accurate assessment of the defense on the same day. Defense looks tougher, faster, more consistent to me. Do we remember the Riley years?

Thanks for your post and the brake pump. Awful frustrating, but the reset button is the wrong button to push right now.

Agreed.

Year three is as messed up as this one has been and we are seeing quite a bit of young guys out there.

As far as our defense...you can't turn the ball over 5 times and hope to be able to make an accurate assessment of the defense on the same day. Defense looks tougher, faster, more consistent to me. Do we remember the Riley years?

Thanks for your post and the brake pump. Awful frustrating, but the reset button is the wrong button to push right now.

If teams are allowed to have the 24 hour rule to celebrate a victory...I think it is only fair to allow fans to vent for 24 hours after a dismal loss like the one today. :thumbsup:

Frost is going to get this done. We got hosed early and often by the stripes. Freshman QB with one game to his name. Don’t have our one and two deep RBs.
Yes, our defense sucks, and Frost will address this, though we may need a new coordinator.

We owe frost 5 or 6 years contractually; give him his time. We will get things going.
It's clear this team is on the verge of being really good in 5 or 6 years. It's just a waiting game. :Confused:

Look at the three game stats for this defense and tell me that its "okay", its not.

Yes 5 turnovers today did not make it any better, but the defense still gave up the same amount of yards it has been averaging and almost the same number of points!

In four plus years of Chin's defenses there has only been the one winning season, and I think its clear to all that season is the aberrance not the norm.

Make a change now in the DC and get some value out of this miserable, weird 2020 season!!!

Switch to the defensive analyst that we have (McGovern) who was a very good DC for Boston College 2009-2011.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back