• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So let’s tap the brakes a bit...

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
Frost is going to get this done. We got hosed early and often by the stripes. Freshman QB with one game to his name. Don’t have our one and two deep RBs.
Yes, our defense sucks, and Frost will address this, though we may need a new coordinator.

We owe frost 5 or 6 years contractually; give him his time. We will get things going.

Frost is going to get this done. We got hosed early and often by the stripes. Freshman QB with one game to his name. Don’t have our one and two deep RBs.
Yes, our defense sucks, and Frost will address this, though we may need a new coordinator.

We owe frost 5 or 6 years contractually; give him his time. We will get things going.
Admire your loyalty, but in my mind it isn’t warranted.

Appreciate your optimism, but frost and co. Have not done anything to inspire that same confidence in me.

The concern I have is I'm having trouble seeing Frost with even a 9-win ceiling right now. Sure I can believe he gets us up to being a .500 team someday, but in how long and do we ever get any better than that?

I was there in person when TO got his first NC and Frost got the last, so that brings me no joy to say.

The reality is, we have no choice but to be patient. That’s the smart thing to do right now. But that is very hard when you get beat by Illinois and your defense has collapsed in game 4 of the season. The easy thing is to go with your emotions and light the torches and grab the pitchforks. Fans generally choose what’s easy.

Last edited:

Last week we were on our way....this week its torches and pitchforks.
Last week there were several here that were not happy with the way we played and they were lectured about how a win is a win and we should be happy. This team has played one decent half of football in 4 games and it appears that was more incompetence on Penn States part then anything we did. This is an awful football team in every single phase and it is not getting better in spite of getting better players.

The concern I have is I'm having trouble seeing Frost with even a 9-win ceiling right now. Sure I can believe he gets us up to being a .500 team someday, but in how long and do we ever get any better than that?

I was there in person when TO got his first NC and Frost got the last, so that brings me no joy to say.
I don't even see .500 in the future. Frost teams are way too inconsistent. So many bad losses, and no identity.

Assuming we finish with one or two wins this season, next year is do or die for this staff. This program will not tolerate 4 consecutive losing seasons.

To finish above. 500 next year, two things for sure have to happen:

1. We need a complete QB. We can't wait another three years for Luke to develop into one. He's simply too green at the position for this level. The staff can't afford to rest their fate in the hands of another freshman. And I don't know if AM is consistent enough to go above. 500 against the schedule. We need a grad transfer at QB. Will the staff be willing admit that they need it?

2. I know the offense has been just as much, if not more of a problem, but we're not going anywhere with the current defensive staff or coordinator. It hasn't mattered how much experience or talent we have at which position, we've been mediocre at best on that side of the ball. I still have some hope that with a complete QB and our young skill talent growing up, that we'll field a good offense. Barring us suddenly having Alabama's players, I have no hope that we'll ever really be good with this coordinator. Given he's practically best friends with the HC, I have my doubts we'll see a change.

This team will be lucky to win one more game. The offense lacks any sophistication and does not have any power elelments. It appears to be a dink and dunk with a run to daylight. We need to get multiple TE off the field and have 2nd power back in the offense. The itty bitty experiment does not work in B1G and HCSF needs to adjust. Face it things are not going to change in the near future because it is what it is and 10-18 in year three does not warrant any optimism. I am not sure with the current staff this team can win any more games this year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back